Xerox Iridesse Info Needed

prepmaster

Anyone here have an Iridesse? Maybe you can give me some info on the pros and cons of this machine? It would be greatly appreciated...

we are looking for a new xerox press too, until we found this

Fujifilm will unveil its new ‘Revoria’ branding for the Versant and Iridesse products that it will now sell in other worldwide markets outside Asia Pacific, as a result of the ending of the near-60-year joint venture

and looks like the fujifilm version Iridesse, Revoria Press PC1120 will be available worldwide after October. which gives the vacuum feeder and banner tray for long sheets and many more features.

any xerox sales rep here can tell us if xerox still resells new products from fuji, or you guys have to develop your own machine.

I too would be interested in some operator feedback. I heard these machines had issues out of the gate with opaque white I recall? Would like to know how well they run in general using the 5th/6th stations especially the metallic spots. The sample book looks pretty cool but Ricoh's 5th station sample book did as well and then you begin to learn of the short comings/capabilities. Speaking from an operators standpoint as well as trying to sell to it.

Very cool sample book though hope I can get my hands on one!

Their sample book is what sold me on it!
I've run several jobs on it since it was installed last week... Seems to do what the CED suggested it would...

I have one.
Pro
Very good print quality, fast enough, special toner, very long banner from bypass, change special color fast (firmware 3)
Con
Rough paper print quality not very good. You must ADD a 5 color LGC (low gloss clear) over the printed area for toner transfer (I came from igen, can print everything), special toner expensive, bypass fail often

We have 2 and love it. Print quality is excellent. We have 6 station on one and 5 station on the other Clear, White, Gold, Silver and Fluorescent Pink.
Operator can make a lot of adjustments for quality control. We have very little down time plus we do most of our maintenance. In the process of getting
a 3rd one next month

Operator her. Will give my personal view on the machine.

We added a Iridesse to our production alongside a 4 year old Versant 3100. Before that we had a KM C8000, which I will not get into here, but the worst 5 years of my life as an operator.

3100 was a fantastic upgrade form the KM, ran 1000's of sheets between engineer call-outs, we print a lot of personalised calendars and this thing churned work out like nothing else. Last Nov we put over 260K on it without missing a beat.

The Iridesse, in my opinion, blows the 3100 out for print quality. We ordered it with CMYK only, no special colours etc as we don't need that. The print quality alone is outstanding. Been running approx 6 weeks now, lot of testing etc and setting profiles and paper stocks up, but very impressed so far.

Lot of adjustments can be done for quality through the stand-alone pc that operates the printer, also been trained as TKO and, as daunting as it looks when you open the doors and take covers off, a few screws has most of the parts out and changed. Videos are in the TKO side of the engine if you forget a step of get confused to show how to change all parts.

Very impressed so far, coming into our high production period and if this machine is anything like the 3100 has been, and still is, we won't have any issue looking at a second to replace the 3100.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has questions I will do my best to provide info as far as I can.

Operator her. Will give my personal view on the machine.

We added a Iridesse to our production alongside a 4 year old Versant 3100. Before that we had a KM C8000, which I will not get into here, but the worst 5 years of my life as an operator.

3100 was a fantastic upgrade form the KM, ran 1000's of sheets between engineer call-outs, we print a lot of personalised calendars and this thing churned work out like nothing else. Last Nov we put over 260K on it without missing a beat.

The Iridesse, in my opinion, blows the 3100 out for print quality. We ordered it with CMYK only, no special colours etc as we don't need that. The print quality alone is outstanding. Been running approx 6 weeks now, lot of testing etc and setting profiles and paper stocks up, but very impressed so far.

Lot of adjustments can be done for quality through the stand-alone pc that operates the printer, also been trained as TKO and, as daunting as it looks when you open the doors and take covers off, a few screws has most of the parts out and changed. Videos are in the TKO side of the engine if you forget a step of get confused to show how to change all parts.

Very impressed so far, coming into our high production period and if this machine is anything like the 3100 has been, and still is, we won't have any issue looking at a second to replace the 3100.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has questions I will do my best to provide info as far as I can.
Dear ally170, what about the toner/drum issues we all have on v80, v180, v280, v2100, v3100, v4100 that we all have? The toners of iridesse are different, you don't have any dots or lines issues?
Thnx

Dear ally170, what about the toner/drum issues we all have on v80, v180, v280, v2100, v3100, v4100 that we all have? The toners of iridesse are different, you don't have any dots or lines issues?
Thnx
We have no issues with dots or lines on ours. Once we had banding and just ran the Automatic Banding / Streaks feature and it took care of the problem.

Thnx
Same here, the drums are very different to the Versant range, they are built like tanks in comparison and are said to last to life by the engineers we have who have been working on other Iridesse machines for a couple of years. Time will tell but I like what I hear.

Hello,
I am an iridesse owner, we bought a used iridesse 3 months ago. It had only 500k prints and the machine was in perfect condition.
Since xerox installed the machine we have one big issue that techs couldnt resolve : each 20 prints the machine stops printing and starts ADJUSTING IMAGE QUALITY for 10 sec and starts printing again. The machine can print 500 prints in 15min but our machine does 500 prints in 1 hour.
Does any one have thus issue?

Hello,
I am an iridesse owner, we bought a used iridesse 3 months ago. It had only 500k prints and the machine was in perfect condition.
Since xerox installed the machine we have one big issue that techs couldnt resolve : each 20 prints the machine stops printing and starts ADJUSTING IMAGE QUALITY for 10 sec and starts printing again. The machine can print 500 prints in 15min but our machine does 500 prints in 1 hour.
Does any one have thus issue?
Sounds like an adjustment that can be made in your settings. Optimize for speed would be the first place to start. Then there should be an NVM that can be changed where it won't adjust so often.

We have had our Iridesse for about a year now and very happy with this machine, print quality on coated papers is getting close to our HP Indigo although still no match on uncoated stock. We have used pink a fair bit and love the bright oranges you can get. This machine is a good step up in print quality compared to our older Xerox 1000i and it comes to its own on coated stocks and its many metallic effects you can get.. love it.

Hello all! My shop got an Iridesse this past fall. So far it's been a trooper. I do run into paper jamming issues in the fuser with our text stocks. We had quality issues the first month we had it. We had color modeling appearing on a solid color design post card. I figured out a setting change that helped out with that issue. We also have the 5th and 6th stations with Silver, white and clear for our specialty colors. We haven't done too much with these colors yet but i have had registration issues with the multiple pass white. Ended up with a 3D effect on some printed pieces. The quality on our basic stuff looks amazing and the speed is really good. Has any Iridesse owners ran specialty papers on it? any issues on set ups for those?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back