Xerox J75 verse Xerox 700

BigSi

Hi there, is it worth making the move? enough difference in quality (registration, colour consistency etc..)
to make it worth while?. I'd really like to go to a xerox 800 but can't afford it. How does the J75 compare against the Ricoh C751ex ? they are a similar price. Your thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.

My feeling, is that it wouldn't justify the added cost, unless you have a specific reason for needing the J75. Maybe the integrated calibration, and higher speeds, would pay for itself, if you are very busy, but otherwise the 700 would probably make you more money. All depends on your needs.

thanks, looking for a replacement for my old xerox dc 5000. I all ready have a xerox 700 but as it has a finisher on it I struggle with anything over 300gsm. For some reason Xerox don't want to sell me a stacker for it or even a second 700. I guess they want to make more $$$ out of me. That is why I'm considering a Ricoh.

thanks, looking for a replacement for my old xerox dc 5000. I all ready have a xerox 700 but as it has a finisher on it I struggle with anything over 300gsm. For some reason Xerox don't want to sell me a stacker for it or even a second 700. I guess they want to make more $$$ out of me. That is why I'm considering a Ricoh.

Well, I can say that the C75 will easily print, and duplex 300 GSM. We have even run a little heavier, without any problems.

My 700 duplexed 100lb dull cover no problem. We got the J75 only because our old rip on 700 was not fast enough any more. Otherwise the 700 was just fine.

My 700 can't do 310gsm with the finisher on. This is my standard stock. This stock runs like a breeze on my 5000. My old DC 5000 also registers better than the 700. I would't be getting rid of it except Xerox are making noisy's about ending service contract. Who says newer is better. In fact the only thing the 700 does better than the 5000 is large coverage (tints and solids). Has any one else found this?

We got rid of our 700 in June and switched to a C75. I would have loved the J75 but not worth the added cost given our clicks per month. The 700 struggled with the heavier weight stocks but the C75 has no problems with the stock up to 110# uncoated cover. The machine we have has the decurling unit which has been pretty nice for 4/0 work. I think the 700 is completely gone and replaced by the C75, not sure why they would not sell you a stacker (unless they stopped manufacturing all 700 parts/equipment). Can't speak to the Ricoh. One of the big things for us is service and the ability to change most parts yourself.

Thanks Brett, Yes I agree about about service. That's the main problem with my old Xerox DC 5000. Getting to be long downtime periods. Xerox are saying problems getting parts but I suspect this could all be a ploy to get me into a newer machine, or am I being paranoid? Out of interested sake what does 110#=in gsm?. They are still installing 700's here in New Zealand. Being an offset printer by trade I'm all ways blown away by how fast digital machines become obsolete! my DC 5000 is seven years old. My goldfish is older.

The heaviest we run on our C75 is 120# Accent Cover. It runs it without problems, though I haven't tried duplexing it.

Ok here is the problem. Ricoh rep swears black and blue the C751EX is good for anything up to 350gsm.
Local printer with a C651EX say he has trouble with anything much over 300gsm. I've been told the only difference between the 751 and the 651 is the speed. So someone is bullshitting!!!. As the 751 is only spec to
300gsm I know who I suspect is telling the truth. How can I cover myself? I doubt the rep will sign anything I write up myself.

How about checking with Xerox when the Versant 80 will be available? 350gsm officially supported in specifications.

Thanks for the suggestion. Two reason's. Price, the Ricoh is 1/2 the price of anything else, and I'm sick of the Xerox toner chipping on the edges when trimming threw large solids. This has been a problem on every Xerox
I've owned and yes I do have a sharp blade. All thoughts appreciated.

Yes both the 651/751 are spec'd to handle from 60gsm to 300gsm with an auto-duplex capability of 252gsm. Yes many of my customers are pushing the gsm limits but their mileage may vary and is wholly dependent on local service and their willingness to support out of specification paper feeding. If you're working with a Ricoh direct rep then you should ask for and receive a copy of the Customer Expectations Guide before ordering. If you're working with a dealership then you may have to insist on it.
Ok here is the problem. Ricoh rep swears black and blue the C751EX is good for anything up to 350gsm.
Local printer with a C651EX say he has trouble with anything much over 300gsm. I've been told the only difference between the 751 and the 651 is the speed. So someone is bullshitting!!!. As the 751 is only spec to
300gsm I know who I suspect is telling the truth. How can I cover myself? I doubt the rep will sign anything I write up myself.

Thanks for the suggestion. Two reason's. Price, the Ricoh is 1/2 the price of anything else, and I'm sick of the Xerox toner chipping on the edges when trimming threw large solids. This has been a problem on every Xerox
I've owned and yes I do have a sharp blade. All thoughts appreciated.

I can verify after cutting 3 skids for a total of 127,000 full bleed variable data mailers that the toner does not chip off or stick to the blade from a Color Press 1000. On our old 8080 it would have been a mess.

Our C75 toner runs tons of work with solids bleeding off the edge. No flaking or chipping during cutting.

The only difference between the 651 and 751 is the speed. The rating is 300 gsm so if you really need to be guaranteed that you can run 350 gsm the 901+ and the 7110 are rated to duplex 350 gsm. The 7110 has some other new features over the 751 besides the thicker paper rating.

Press release

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back