Xerox nuvera support AFP?

edgarscc

Somebody can help to know if Xerox Nuvera support AFP files for direct print... and what is the advantage versus PDF, which files is more recommended for printing 2 millons of invoices aprox. and why... thanks for you support.

Don't know for sure but my guess is they don't have a native AFP/IPDS controller for the Nuvera, only the Freeflow server. There are solutions for doing so from the likes of RSA, Solimar, Barr etc that will convert IPDS to PS or PDF for printing on any device. They'll probably talk about RSA IPDS Print since they've been tight with them for such a long time.

This is part of the reason GMC works with Xerox

This is part of the reason GMC works with Xerox

Somebody can help to know if Xerox Nuvera support AFP files for direct print... and what is the advantage versus PDF, which files is more recommended for printing 2 millons of invoices aprox. and why... thanks for you support.

Hi there

The Nuvera do not support AFP files by itself. As I am responsible for educating Xerox around these things, please send him/her a mail with me on cc. : [email protected]. (I can also tell you how to do it).

PS: GMC is a Xerox Platinum Partner and we do all these things.

Henrik

Henrik Thanks for your reply!
We have GMC Inspire, to generate pdfs output to send xerox nuveras or hp indigo from input database or images pdf, ps, eps but not have licensing for afp inputs; reading the user manual of inspire find that GMC Inspire support afp files but with limitation...

I doubt you will run into any limitation

I doubt you will run into any limitation

Hi Edgar

I doubt that you'll run into a limitation. - It needs to be really special for that to happen.

- But if you alreay use Inspire, why don't you just send a test file for conversion or ask your account manager for a demo license for the AFP Streaming conversion ?

Even PDEF's and FDEF's on Linedata is supported, which is more than most dedicated conversion packages can do, so I think you should try.

Henrik

the situation is that actually process is: Client sent us the database and we generate pdf invoices using GMC Inspire, but for the next year our Client change to AmDocs and this provider say us the output of invoice is in image AFP.
We need evaluate if we can receive AFP files or insist on image PS/PDF, how much cost is... Thanks for your great information

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back