Xerox Polyester Paper (Help!!!!)

CanarcticPress

Xerox polyester Paper 13.7mil 12x18 160m White, is a stock that we have never ran, and a client has requested it.

The two printers I have and have attempted to run this paper on is the DocuColor 260, and the 700 Digital Color Press. I have tried a Coated 2 and Coated 3 setting on the 260. I have tried coated 177-220/22-256/257-300. I have also tred the NVM Read/Write on the 700.

All of these have changed the color of the job drastically and can see what i believe to be the laser marks (where it bands and the color is washed out)

I also ran the job on 100lb and 80lb matte and gloss productolith on both machines and the job came out perfect.

I don't know if I can get around using this stock. Your input and advice would be muchly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Look at the list of Xerox supported media, if it is on that list there should be settings that are "optimum" for that paper.

We run that same stock on our iGen all the time. It prints just fine . . . I believe Xerox guarantees the performance of their paper on some/all machines. I try placing a service call. They should be able to make it run - or at least take the paper back.

The paper was not spec to run on either machine. Coast paper had told the rep that buys the supplies that it was a xerox paper (so he figured it would run fine) We ended up putting it on the press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back