Xerox Versant 180 versus 180i

k_graham

Canada is introducing the Versant 280 but though it advertises 400 GSM it is still a Friction Feed large capacity tray. What is the chance of buying with the Manual sheet feeder only and adding the High Capacity Vacuum Feed when they finally get around to selling the Vacuum Feed High Capacity unit to North America.

Optionally has anyone got a High Capacity Feeder with Vacuum feed to tell us just how well it is working out for you?

I have a v80 which is only rated to duplex 300gsm and single sided 350gsm. I run duplex 350gsm all the time and 400gsm single sided all the time with no problems what so ever from the friction fed high capacity. Only problems I experience with it is lightweight textured stocks. Past problems with paper weight has always been the path through the machine, not the feeders picking them up.

I'd just be wary of installing a machine without the complete package you want from the start as I'd say salesmen will promise anything whether they can get it in the future or not. Unless they can add it into the actual contract you sign I'd wait.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back