Xerox Versant 2100 opinions?

gazfocus

We currently have a Konica C3070 and in general are very happy with it, especially coming from a Xerox C560.

We have been looking at buying a second printer that will be partly used as a backup machine but also for so specific jobs that don’t do so well on our Konica (such as ncr pads).

We don’t have the budget to buy another brand new press so are looking at refurbished models. Looking at what is available, we can get a Versant 2100 or a Konica C1060 for similar prices.

Would love to hear feedback on both of the above, especially in terms of reliability as I will be maintaining it myself.

Get a few test prints off a 2100 and compare to your C3070. If you're looking for it to be a backup then they need them to match in finish. A difference in gloss of the toner is going to cause problems if the C3070 sits down in the middle of a large job, or if you just want to spread a big job across both machines.

Get a few test prints off a 2100 and compare to your C3070. If you're looking for it to be a backup then they need them to match in finish. A difference in gloss of the toner is going to cause problems if the C3070 sits down in the middle of a large job, or if you just want to spread a big job across both machines.
We don't tend to do anything huge job wise if I'm honest, so it would be more a case of the printer not working at the start of the job (like we had an issue the other day that each time we tried to print more than a single page, the printer tripped a fuse inside and displayed a 'call an engineer' error, engineer came out but didn't have correct part so left us without a printer from Friday morning through to lunch time today so now we are behind on orders (largely sheets of stickers). Tried to use our Konica C458 office machine but while the quality is great, the alignment is not at all accurate (not really intended to be though is it).

Somewhat frustrating but has led me to look at having something in place as a backup, but yes - makes absolute sense to get some samples.

I have had a good run from my versant 2100, had it about 2 years now. Like all machines they have there week areas. Registration is quite good on the whole. Rolling solids average.
A lot depends on what you are comparing it with and what your expectations are. I moved up from a versant 80 and as you would expect it is quite a bit better in most areas and a little better in the rest.
Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back