Xerox XC1000 vs Ricoh c7110x

Ok im faced with a dilemma. Ive been offered a Xerox Colorpress 1000 Demo machine with under 20k impressions with booklet maker with face trim and square fold as well as with a stacker, Newest fiery, as well as with clear toner 5th housing that will also be able to print gold and silver in Feb. when they come out with the new metallic toners.

Ive also got pricing on the new Ricoh c7110x with the vacuum feed trays as well as the the larger tray that will print 13" x 27. No bookletmaker or stacker. Brand new.

Basically both machines are exactly the same price......SAME EXACT PAYMENTS!!

What do I do.

Anyone have any thoughts. Ive got to give them an answer by tomorrow morning.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated..

I would go with the Xerox colorpress unless you currently have a customer / job that requires the longer sheet size given by the Ricoh. In my opinion that's really the only benefit you will get with the Ricoh while the Xerox has several advantages. 1. Clear toner and the gold/silver option. 2. Heavier duty cycle and faster print speeds. 3. They upgrade these machines similar to their iGen line so your investment last longer. This is illustrated by the silver/gold option that can be added to your existing machine. There is a possibility that they might add the longer sheet option in the future - don't hold your breath though.

Finally the real selling point between the two in my opinion is the newness of the Ricoh. Every machine has hiccups and problems when it's first released and the Ricoh will be no different. The Xerox engine is a proven performer and at this stage they should have the major bugs worked out.

Just my two cents

Ive been studying and negotiating on these printers since August of this year. This is the end of this long process. and they are basically throwing in their final cards. I understand the timing part. But this is toward the end of a long process. IM ready to start making money.

Any thoughts on these 2 machines would be helpful...

Update?

Update?

I would go with the Xerox colorpress unless you currently have a customer / job that requires the longer sheet size given by the Ricoh. In my opinion that's really the only benefit you will get with the Ricoh while the Xerox has several advantages. 1. Clear toner and the gold/silver option. 2. Heavier duty cycle and faster print speeds. 3. They upgrade these machines similar to their iGen line so your investment last longer. This is illustrated by the silver/gold option that can be added to your existing machine. There is a possibility that they might add the longer sheet option in the future - don't hold your breath though.

Finally the real selling point between the two in my opinion is the newness of the Ricoh. Every machine has hiccups and problems when it's first released and the Ricoh will be no different. The Xerox engine is a proven performer and at this stage they should have the major bugs worked out.

Just my two cents
This idea that Xerox updates the iGen is not what I have experienced AT ALL. Our iGen3 is not being updated, and does not have a very good front end anymore compared to what is needed. If it's true Xerox updates iGen products, I sure would like to be included.

The decision you must make is a lot more than just the pricing and technical capabilities of each. Service, response, and support are just as (if not, more so) important than the machines themselves. Unfortunately, those 3 items will vary from location to location depending on your geographic. How many tech reps are in your area and how wide a territory do they have to cover. Do you currently have a Ricoh product? How has their service been? Do you currently have a Xerox product? How has their service been? It doesn't matter how good either's equipment is, if you're down for several days waiting on parts or service, you're in deep poopie!!

-Best

MailGuru

Having just had an install on the 1000 with clear this past September and having over 600,000 large clicks on it, I would without a doubt say this is the most robust engine I have had. Even going through with a rough install, I would do it again. I think we have had 1 major service call that the tech was stumped for a few days with the cooling belt. Come to find out it was a simple 5 minute fix that second level support did not pass down to the field guys.

One more thing make sure it has the Full Width Array, that is worth every penny!

It is surprise to me that Xerox 1000 is the same price as pro c7110x.

No doubt X800-1000 is a robust machine. You can print without speed lost and faster than ricoh because very long transfer belt. Very dense toner coverage and no banding so make color more vibrant.
After 1 year I just return X800 (4Color station Low gloss toner) for some reason. We are waiting for Ricoh Pro c7100x expect 3 week of Dec.

Now I am testing pro C751 for about 2 weeks. Frankly speaking color is not as good as x800 (but in my business it is not so important). Ink is less glossy (good for post processing). Register of Ricoh is far more better than X800.
Banding on Ricoh is less than I think when compare to Xerox 700 or j 75 and C75.
Paper path design go to X800. Friction feed is not a problem for us. paper path Less complex , very easy to remove jam paper. But a lot of paper problem also. Most of the time xerox tech guy can not explain why paper jam problem come and gone.
X 800 always have "purge page" problem on 2 side print on 260 gsm and up. Xerox tech can not explain why so we have to do manual duplex.
Xerox claim that x800 can duplex up to 350 gsm without problem. Yes by using xerox paper and 12x18". We can only duplex on 310 gsm on 330x483 mm paper.

Not sure about Ricoh pro C 7100. They claim that can print on 360 gsm. But in pro c751 when we print 310 gsm we have tail strike problem on sra3 paper ( c751 can handle up to 300 gsm only).

In my opinion production print and long run go to X800. For very short run (less 100) we can count on Ricoh. That why we decide to change.

This is very interesting, as I was looking at exactly these machines just the last couple months. But with my prices, the X1000 was MUCH MUCH more expensive than the C7110x. There was no comparison on price, as the X1000 was more than double the price of the C7110x. I was priced a demo X1000 at around $5400 CAD a month over 72 months where my C7110x was coming in around $2200 over 60 months even.

So, I made the decision to go with the C7110x as there was no way I could justify more than double the sticker price. We are slated to be installed in the next week and I'm looking forward to it. I've had Ricoh machines for years and I'm more than happy with their service in my area. That's at least my $0.02

Is the C7110x already installed and did you get the chance to try the 360 GSM stock. Also did you get it with the extra large air feed tray. or was it a stripped model. Would you mind sharing the configuration.

Is the C7110x already installed and did you get the chance to try the 360 GSM stock. Also did you get it with the extra large air feed tray. or was it a stripped model. Would you mind sharing the configuration.

We ended up buying the Xerox Colorpress 1000 and not the Ricoh.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back