Xitron Navigator and TrapPro

Kruto

Navigator 7.0r3. Lately when we RIP a job, 1 color to 4 color, if there is a bitmap or picture in the background and there is type on part of it the type gets fat. It puts a spread on the type. It may be right in the middle of the letter. I guess a setting got change somehow but I don't know where. I have to turn trapPro off to make the plates.
Todd

Look at your TrapPro Preferences and change "Object to image trap placement".
Automatic - trap according to neutral density of the image and the object
spread image - speaks for itself
choke image - ditto
center - spread both image and object
none - well...

You should try "automatic" and see if that helps. If I had to guess I would say your setting is "center" or "choke image" right now.

Navigator/trap Pro

Navigator/trap Pro

Thanks I will give that a try. I did email Xitron about it and was told they could fix it if we had a service contract, but we don't. The owner let it run out. She told me sign up for. I've called twice last week and left messages, email them once last week. I still haven't heard from them. Seems I've fallen off the planet.
Todd

Toronar is correct with the advice. We have found that setting the TrapPro to Automatic seems to work the best for all things.

I don't know who you spoke to at Xitron, but that is not an acceptable response.

Toronar is correct with the advice. We have found that setting the TrapPro to Automatic seems to work the best for all things.

I don't know who you spoke to at Xitron, but that is not an acceptable response.

Same thing happened to us here. No service contract. They want to charge you by the minute with a credit card to get answers.

Who did you buy the RIP from?

You should be utilizing your dealer chain for resolution if at all possible. They have a direct link to tech support if they need assistance in helping you with any issues...

xpedx.
We had a tech guy come in about 2 years ago and didn't know more than we did. We were pretty disappointed. We have since then upgraded to 7.2r1 and have problems with jobs that have spot colors separating correctly when sending to the presstek gui.

Sounds like you don't have your color space set up properly. When did you do the upgrade? Was it on the same PC (probably not)? Do you still have the old RIP PC around? All of the files for the RIP are text files and can be utilized to make sure you have the same settings for the new RIP as you had for the old one.

Don, Not really a separation problem, per se. Files rip fine, but when they are released to our Dimension 400, some files with spots or multiple signatures will not recombine properly. For example, we had a file that contained several signatures that ripped and previewed correctly, but when released to the Dimension, Sig 1 came across okay, Sig 2 came across with only 2 of 4 colors, Sig 3 contained only 1 of 4 colors. I believe it may not be creating the preview for the Dimension properly. Any ideas?

If you are sending these all to the same page setup, you should go back and look at the original files. Have you tried sending the Sig's separatly to see what happens?

I have not heard of this issue with ver. 7 of the RIP, but if you just upgraded, why did you not upgrade to 8?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back