Xitron Navigator - Harlequin RIP - Using Curves Software to get to G7

GiddyUp

Long time watcher, first time poster. We recently upgraded our RIP to Xitron Navigator v13. Working on getting to G7 currently. Having a heck of a time getting the numbers into the RIP & having them work properly.

I've spoken to Xitron support and they recommend using the tone curves to create the curve for the printing press. There is an actual press curve that can be applied, but based on their recommendation, I should use the tone curve. Additionally, they recommended that I enter first reading off a linear plate - in "ENTER FROM UNCALIBRATED TARGET" All subsequent entries should be entered into Calibrated Target which as I understand is a curve of a curve. This is where my problems start. The curve is moving away from what I want. Like a black hole. Anyone have experience using CURVES software & a harlequin rip?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Long time watcher, first time poster. We recently upgraded our RIP to Xitron Navigator v13. Working on getting to G7 currently. Having a heck of a time getting the numbers into the RIP & having them work properly.

I've spoken to Xitron support and they recommend using the tone curves to create the curve for the printing press. There is an actual press curve that can be applied, but based on their recommendation, I should use the tone curve. Additionally, they recommended that I enter first reading off a linear plate - in "ENTER FROM UNCALIBRATED TARGET" All subsequent entries should be entered into Calibrated Target which as I understand is a curve of a curve. This is where my problems start. The curve is moving away from what I want. Like a black hole. Anyone have experience using CURVES software & a harlequin rip?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
Call me & refresh my memory on the RIP. I remember using the tone scale settings.
Dan 412.889.7643

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back