Xitron Sierra vs Kodak Prinergy

Big Al

We are looking to upgrade our current workflow from Kodak Prinergy 5.1. Kodak gave us a very competitive upgrade price but the required service contract is cost prohibitive. I have started investigating other workflows base on the Adobe PDF Print Engine. Besides Kodak Prinergy it looks like Agfa, Fuji and Xitron Sierra are workflows based on the APPE.

Is any using or have experience with the Xitron Sierra Workflow?

Thanks in advance, Al

Hi Al,
We have been using Xitron Sierra over 7 years, and are very happy with it. It is a complete workflow, and yes, the APPE is the only way to go. I would be happy to give you detailed specifics if you want to PM me. We ran Agfa prior to Sierra. We were never Prinergy users, but we did run Kodak Insite Creative for online proofing until the Java issues became completely unbearable.

Hi Al,
We have been using Xitron Sierra over 7 years, and are very happy with it. It is a complete workflow, and yes, the APPE is the only way to go. I would be happy to give you detailed specifics if you want to PM me. We ran Agfa prior to Sierra. We were never Prinergy users, but we did run Kodak Insite Creative for online proofing until the Java issues became completely unbearable.

Thanks Earl.

What kind of work do you print? Any imposition or trapping issue you have run into?

On another note, what are you using for online proofing now?

thanks, Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back