XMPie Imposition problem

dtmaloch

We just installed XMPie and learning how to use it. So far so good. However an issue has come up we can't solve involving imposition. The job is a 8.5 X 5.5 Postcard with simple variable text on the front (the recipient's name), linked to text on the back (the recipient's name & address). The art on the card bleeds 1/8 inch.
When we try to impose the card 4 up on 12 X 18 or 13 X 19 sheets, the crop marks don't come out correctly, the cards are not centered on the sheet and the card shrinks in size depending on margin variables we plug in.
Any help appreciated in trying to understand what's happening. Thanks!

If XMPie is anything like Xerox process manager turn off auto fit. I found this will shrink the artwork even if it doesn't need to shrink the artwork to fit the job. Cropmarks I am having the same problem. But somehow I got it to work. The last time it worked I chose the cropmark then selected the colour. Not sure if comfirming the colour somehow made the mark appear.

Just my thoughts, p

Hi, in order to get predictable results in this situation, you may consider plugging an imposition application that can work with specific job configurations using a job ticket from XMPie that includes your preferences for marks, adjustments bleed control and even possibly a barcode for finishing.

Our company has worked with XMPie to enable a connection between XMPie and OnDemand Automation. There is a video mentioning the benefits on WhatTheyThink: Ultimate Technographics President & CEO Joanne David on imposition - WhatTheyThink

Julie Watson
Ultimate Technographics
imposition.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back