Xrite i1Profiler

indy jones

I want to create a chart for profiling CMYK + 2 colors. The 2 colors will be Orange and Green. When it is time save the chart, it is only an eps format. If I create a standard chart CMYK, I have options tiff, pdf and eps. I want the chart as a tiff so I can profile our offset using CMYK orange and green. Any ideas?

Schnitzel

i1Profiler can't generate a TIFF or PDF with spot colors in them - they opted for EPS instead. I remember using a really terrible workflow to get what I wanted:
  • Place the EPS in Illustrator (InDesign doesn't like these EPS files, don't know why).
  • Save as a PDF - make sure you don't downsample images and use ZIP compression.
  • Use GhostScript to separate the PDF into individual TIFF files.
I used GhostScript because it was a tool I worked with every day and was comfortable with it. You might try opening the PDF in Photoshop and saving a TIFF, or pack the separations into a multi-channel image in Photoshop and save them.

Does you RIP know how to handle TIFFs with spot colors?

indy jones

We have Nexus 8.6 version. It does support tiffs with spot colors and assign curves for each color. Thank you for your reply. I am shocked that i1Profiler does not create a tiff for extra colors.

Magnus

I've made som 7-color profiles with i1Profiler and I merged the separations EPS's in Photoshop as CMYK + 3 channels PSD-file. Then I placed the PSD in Indesign and export as PDF/X-4. Worked fine but the process is far from perfect..

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article