Z6100 for $2.10/sq foot

sweatyclimber

Hello all... I decided a new thread was a better option then hijacking an old one.

I was currios as to what the community would think of a equipment vendor offering a Z3100 or Z6100 60" plotter w/ a service, supplies, parts, labor, media contract that included the aquisition of equipment for around $2.10/sq ft- $4.10/sq ft depending on volume. Essentially every thing you need to run the machine... choice of ink types & (limited) choice of paper types for just one price per square. Could do this with other models as well. Would you let me know your thoughts and which models you think would be more important for you on a program like this were we to start one?

Sweat??

What market are trying to offer this to?

Are you looking to offer this to printing companies to generate proofs with?

Love the fact the machine has a spectrophotometer built in. But my question is, How often does it have to be calibrated to keep the output consistant?

I am seeing this machine for $17,500? What do you offer yours for, complete out the door and what is included?

I see it really for a variety of markets from printing to art to simple business apps. We have already hundreds in the field and I would say minimal calls of for consistant output but I am not the best to ask. Our out the door price ... well that's my point, were testing to see if we could change the rules of the game for these machines... instead of buy the machine, buy supplies- bleed through the nose... pay us one rate per copy ... we cover every thing period.

Sweet trap, sweatyclimber! :)
That's not too good for printshop colorproof, but for real posters to be laminated... mmmm... may be.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back