Z6100 profile problem

I am trying to profile a clear film material on my HP z6100. I got stuck in the first attempt to set up my mode. Nothing I tried would let me move on past the media mode setting screen. So to circumvent the problem, I cloned a white film profile. Back pedaling into the ink restrictions phase, I was able to print out my first scale of restrictions (0-100 % density scale). I realized that I didn't want to use a HiPass mix k, so I backed out and changed it to a photo k only profile. Now everytime I try to print my restriction scale, it drops out of queue before it even gets to the printer. I have tried to reboot both printer and computer with no success as well as starting from scratch which is where I'm at in the whole process anyway.
As an added bonus, my profile which I cloned now seems to have been corrupted.

My exact stats are:
HP computer/windows xp
ONYX Preflight
ONYX PosterShop 7
ONYX Media Manager
HP Z6100ps

Any insight would be great.

The internal spectrophotometer in the Z6100 will not ready any media which is translucent/transparent. Cloning another profile is your best best. In Postershop 7 / Media Manager there is a cloning feature that will allow you to send a test file via various profiles loaded in the system. Your best bet is to try a few different profiles and hope for the best. You could purchase a transparent spectro like the Barbieri from Italy or the X-Rite DTP-41T but these devices will cost.

Marc

Thanks Marc

Thanks Marc

I have a DTP 41. The problem i'm facing is a drop out issue from my queue. I feel that there is a communication problem between the media manager and the printer itself. There is the existing media name in the printer but I feel that I need to dump that and start over. My biggest issue is that the person who profiled the media previously is no longer with us and he took all the info.(in his head) with him. I need to find out how to set up a media name on the Z6100 itself. Gonna research this this weekend and will post results on Monday. Thanks for the reply and any other insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Stainless Rat

Have you checked for "firmware updates" on the HP and the ONYX web sites. I know there have been issues on the Z series printers.

Make sure when you make a profile in ONYX to always click on the Media options button and then when in the Mode settings step, to click on the Mode Options button. Those need to be set, otherwise the printer will reject the job. ONYX's driver helps by preventing you from proceeding if the settings are not set correctly.

Prepresscolor also makes a good point. You should be on the latest firmware from HP, which I believe is 8.0.0.3.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back