Canon Imagepress 7000 & Kodak M700

I'm not talking about the file formats supported, I'm talking about the RIP. What RIP does the Fiery use? The M700 front end uses the Adobe PDF Print Engine as its RIP, and this is very attractive to us because it makes us comfortable that when sending PDFs to the RIP that it is not doing any conversions. Solves the transparency issue too.

I'm told that the Kodak RIP uses the new Adobe PDF Engine which is suposed to eliminate transparency issues.

Ahem... BULLSHIT!

If it's based on Prinergy, it don't!

Sorry, just had to reprint a card due to type, transparency, and these little things customer's concern themselves w/ called "Bullets".

I was told by the response center a work-around, which conflicted directly w/ the work-around they told me to use the last time we had this problem (turn fonts to paths).
This chucklehead tells me to turn it off, the last one told me to turn it on, and "all my problems would go away". Sorry, but my proof matched my plate 10 years ago, how'd they go and fuck that up?
Sigh... PDF the saviour my ass.

- Mac

Last edited:
whats the cost of both,i mean pricing for Canon Imagepress 6000,7000 & Kodak M700

The M700 (which without a doubt is the exact same hardware as the C7000 and is made by Canon) is slightly cheaper but has limited finishing options.

The C7000 now has a CREO front end that directly integrates with printergy.

Kodak will do deals if you are a Kodak shop and buy plates from them. if you are working with a good Canon dealer you should be able to get good pricing for service and the equipment. depending on the hardware config it should be sub 200K and your service charge per impression should be around a nickel.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back