Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Press Install - Fuji Xerox Iridesse

Something exciting is happening over here early next week.

Unpacking started Friday afternoon and 2 or 3 techs will be here Monday morning to get underway.

Looks like a 1000

Comment

Nice man, let us know how the installation of the Iridesse goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo Wilson View Post
        Looks like a 1000
        It does. Which from a paper path and fusing point of view is awesome. Image quality is really good. Like Versants but better I think.

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
          Nice man, let us know how the installation of the Iridesse goes.
          Will do. Should be running on Monday.

Comment

Good luck, upgrading our 1000 to a 1000i on Monday. I can't say enough good about this box!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
              Good luck, upgrading our 1000 to a 1000i on Monday. I can't say enough good about this box!
              Nice! Do you have big plans for gold and silver? 2 passes with silver creates some awesome effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                Do you have a need for the gold and silver? We just went from a 1000i to a V3100. Image quality is much better. Also, our 1000i was at about 5 million clicks and starting to give us some major headaches and frustrate the techs. V3100 has about 500k on it right now and has been pretty good except for the trimmer module needing replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by AP90 View Post

Do you have a need for the gold and silver? We just went from a 1000i to a V3100. Image quality is much better. Also, our 1000i was at about 5 million clicks and starting to give us some major headaches and frustrate the techs. V3100 has about 500k on it right now and has been pretty good except for the trimmer module needing replaced.
                  That's what drove us to the Iridesse. I see it as a hybrid between the two machines. V3100 registration let us down all the time and 1000i quality wasn't as good so clients wouldn't go back to 1000i if 3100 was down.

Interesting you mention the timmer. We asked how they sharpen the knifes as we started getting chipping on edge of booklets. Tech had no idea so they replaced it. Nuts haha!

Comment

Originally posted by joshlindsay View Post

That's what drove us to the Iridesse. I see it as a hybrid between the two machines. V3100 registration let us down all the time and 1000i quality wasn't as good so clients wouldn't go back to 1000i if 3100 was down.

Interesting you mention the timmer. We asked how they sharpen the knifes as we started getting chipping on edge of booklets. Tech had no idea so they replaced it. Nuts haha!
                    Our registration with the full width array has been pretty good and it holds it well. When I was at NYC looking at the 3100 they told me they treated the blades as a consumable.

Comment

Originally posted by AP90 View Post

That's funny, ours is at 6 million and we just had some major registration issues. Found our it was the pre-registration motor not lifting the drive rollers up.

We run a lot of gold, silver and clear now. We had the 1000 converted to an i a few years ago. It just made sense to trade it in with a greatly reduced click rate that is locked in for the term.

Comment

So having never demo'd one or seen one run at all, how well do these machine work as far as when using the metallic colorants. I am very interested in how well these printers print on textured as well if if someone has or had a 7110 and one of these printers can you speak to which one seems to print better on textured media.

Appreciate it and congrats on the new printer!

Comment

Very nice! We`re looking forward to the lanuch of Iridesse in Germany in May. Does your machine already supports white toner and the banner printing?

Comment

@joshlindsay
                            How did your installation of the Iridesse go and how is it running? We are about to sign for one, do you have any pros or cons compared to any other xerox machines.

Comment

We've had our Iridesse for a couple of weeks. Pretty impressed so far. We replaced a 1000. We also have a 1000i and an IGen 4.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                              CanonDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4680 users online. 118 members and 4562 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X