CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output Delivery / Versant 80 - Workstation 5

Hello,
    I am trying to change the default setting in my Output Delivery to be "Face Up" instead of the present default of "Face Down".

This would save me having to change it on every one sided job I print.

Thanks for any tips.

Neal

I think you have to connect to the Versant with the IP address through a web browser. I remember the tech doing that when we setup our Versant 2100. When I do that I get web tools for the printer, pretty sure if you set default there to face up it will change the default. If not that then there was something else called "cups". I have it bookmarked and the address is http://localhost:631

Not sure if that is universal. When I do that I get access to every printer on my network, xerox or not. I can go into the Versant there and edit things. Now that I think about it I think "cups" is where the defaults were changed.

Comment

Thanks... I will give that a look.

Comment

I think a Java update screwed ours up as I can no longer get to that page. But yes, if you right click the Fiery bar at the top -> Webtools -> Configure Tab -> Launch Configure and it should be in there.

Comment

You should be able to go in command workstation under device center - workflows - virtual printers - then edit either print or hold depending on which on you are using and set the defaults however you want.
          Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by xcelprint View Post
              Thanks all!
              No.

Thank you.

Comment

No, really... I insist. Thank you!

It worked! I am now as happy as a man can be in this business. I no longer must select "Face Up" on every job, which of course completely wears me out.

Comment

Gotta have face up.

My tech couldn't understand why I was upset when my stacker only worked on face down.
                  (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
                  OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
                    Gotta have face up.

My tech couldn't understand why I was upset when my stacker only worked on face down.
                    I try to get everyone to do face up why flip the paper if you don't need to.
                    Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                    4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                    CanonDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4740 users online. 112 members and 4628 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                    X