Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Print server

I have an all Mac wired network and want to add a USB printer to the network without having to use one of the macs as a print server. Can anyone suggest some usb print servers to me to add to my network that will allow all the macs on my network to see the usb printer. I have 2 printers I want to add an Epson 1400 and a Lexmark Z1300m. I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Thanks.
    John

Re: USB Print server

You want something like the Apple Express Base Station but cheaper I guess. Would only take 1 usb out the box, not sure if it would be compatible with a USB hub attached then your printers.

Or try something like http://www.netgear.com/Products/Prin...s/WGPS606.aspx from Netgear could do the job, both wired and wireless. Would expect it to be Mac Compatible but I do not know for sure as I have not used one.

Hope that helps

Comment

Re: USB Print server

Haven't done it in a long time but I used to run a Hawking H-UC232S. It was very effective and allowed me to network up some USB printers for both Mac and Windows clients via TCP/IP. I have to warn you, it uses wires. I know it's old school....

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
      Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5128 users online. 103 members and 5025 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
      X