Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrobat X help

Can anyone explain why this keeps popping up when trying to open a pdf? and more importantly, how to make it stop?
    By the time I walk out of here, I'm going to be a lean, mean, prepress machine...

I've never seen that one. There are some things Acrobat does routinely but doesn't tell you about unless they take a long time. I would try disabling javascript in case document-level or application-level code is doing something (javascript can present those progress bars). If that doesn't stop it, I would suspect it to be an Acrobat function that takes a long time on that PDF (unless it happens with all PDFs).
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Does this happen with every PDF file or just one or a limited selection of PDF files?

If only one or a limited selection, could you please post a sample that we can examine. This is obviously not normal behaviour!

- Dov

Comment

Originally posted by oxburger View Post
        Can anyone explain why this keeps popping up when trying to open a pdf? and more importantly, how to make it stop?
        Just let it finish searching spots. People are so impatient these days.

Comment

I'm using XI and have seen this on a few PDF files. I just let it finish.

I take it this is happening on every PDF you open?

pd

Comment

It also does "retrieving traps" and "trap zones". It's not noticeable on small files, but when I generate 5,000 to 10,000 page pdfs, it really slows down.
            By the time I walk out of here, I'm going to be a lean, mean, prepress machine...

Comment

Do you have a custom trapping plugin installed? If you don't use it, maybe uninstalling the plugin will eliminate the issue?

pd
              Last edited by prepressdork; 03-16-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prepressdork View Post
                Do you have custom trapping plugin installed? If you don't use it, maybe uninstalling the plugin will eliminate the issue?

pd
                That was it. The Apogee Trap Spotter plugin.

Thanks.

Comment

Woohoo! Glad it worked

pd

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                  4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                  4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4552 users online. 101 members and 4451 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                  X