Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks,

I've been using packzview for some time. I love it and I strongly recommend it to internal users where Acrobat Pro is not an option. However, please be aware that you only get five licenses for each email domain name root so if you want a sixth user in your business then you will have to get creative or ask nicely.

Alternatively you can just pester and bug software product managers of your favourite apps until they are sick of your constant stream of feature requests... (ABC... Feel free to wade in at any point) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Marsh View Post
      "… but as no uninstaller is provided there is junk left behind in my start menu. I asked support about uninstall steps but they did not reply… You get what you pay for I guess! " Stephen Marsh

ay-yi-yi-yi … the product is "free" … expect no support … be happy they offer a free version. is it really so difficult removing a couple start-menu items?

keep whining and the free version disappears … capicé?
      look at it from another perspective. consider yourselves as 'beta-testers' … y'all claim the product is justified … now, do your part, and go tell others about the product … seriously. this will help www.packz.com out … heck, they could eventually give adobe a run for their money! www.packz.com gives you free software … now, you give them free word-of-mouth. seems positive word-of-mouth is a dying religion on this planet.

want support? pay da' man.
      Fundamentally Retarded … Ergo, Error (acronym)

Comment

Originally posted by pnamajck View Post
        is it really so difficult removing a couple start-menu items?
        I have manually deleted the start menu items and the old expired programs, however IMHO this should be handled seamlessly and gracefully by the developer, not the end user… There is a good reason why uninstallers were created in the first place!

keep whining and the free version disappears … capicé?
        I did not realise that I had such an impact! This is just your personal opinion, yes? Or perhaps if the developer is receptive and proactive, the feedback is considered as constructive criticism and the product may be improved – which may then have an impact on the perception of the vendor and their commercial products by users trialing the free product that may also consider the commercial offerings based on their experience.

now, do your part, and go tell others about the product
        Been there, done that on various platforms/websites etc. Noting deficiencies does not detract from the positives on the product.

Stephen Marsh
        Last edited by Stephen Marsh; 07-03-2018, 02:02 AM.
        Comments are personal and my views may not be shared by my employer or partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim-Ellis View Post
          Hello folks,

I've been using packzview for some time. I love it and I strongly recommend it to internal users where Acrobat Pro is not an option. However, please be aware that you only get five licenses for each email domain name root so if you want a sixth user in your business then you will have to get creative or ask nicely.

Alternatively you can just pester and bug software product managers of your favourite apps until they are sick of your constant stream of feature requests... (ABC... Feel free to wade in at any point) :-)
          Just an update to this. We are more than happy to extend the amount of Packzview licenses you can have for free. All you need to do is email our support at support@hybridsoftware.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Marsh View Post

Although not in the same class, Acrobat Reader can run a script to show the various page boxes for the active page, which again is useful for a CSR with only Acrobat Reader (not intended for clients).

numPages.png

Stephen Marsh
            Stephen, I was re-reading the post, and was wondering if you could help in directing me on how to run such a script? I can't seem to find a way to do it. Probably something I'm just overlooking. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scotts View Post

Stephen, I was re-reading the post, and was wondering if you could help in directing me on how to run such a script? I can't seem to find a way to do it. Probably something I'm just overlooking. Thanks.

Hi scotts, here is the source:
              Code:
              function ThePageSize(){
              var aRect = this.getPageBox("Crop",this.pageNum);
              var aWidth = aRect[2] - aRect[0];
              var aHeight = aRect[1] - aRect[3];
              var bRect = this.getPageBox("Art",this.pageNum);
              var bWidth = bRect[2] - bRect[0];
              var bHeight = bRect[1] - bRect[3];
              var cRect = this.getPageBox("Trim",this.pageNum);
              var cWidth = cRect[2] - cRect[0];
              var cHeight = cRect[1] - cRect[3];
              var dRect = this.getPageBox("Bleed",this.pageNum);
              var dWidth = dRect[2] - dRect[0];
              var dHeight = dRect[1] - dRect[3];
              var eRect = this.getPageBox("Media",this.pageNum);
              var eWidth = eRect[2] - eRect[0];
              var eHeight = eRect[1] - eRect[3];
              var pageLabel = this.pageNum + 1;
              var totalPages = this.numPages;
              app.alert("Page: " + pageLabel + " of " + totalPages + " pages" + "\n\n" + ("Crop: " + Math.round(aWidth*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm x " + Math.round(aHeight*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm" + "\n\n" + ("Art: " + Math.round(bWidth*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm x " + Math.round(bHeight*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm") + "\n\n" + ("Trim: " + Math.round(cWidth*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm x " + Math.round(cHeight*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm") + "\n\n" + ("Bleed: " + Math.round(dWidth*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm x " + Math.round(dHeight*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm") + "\n\n" + ("Media: " + Math.round(eWidth*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm x " + Math.round(eHeight*0.3528*100)/100 + " mm")));
              }
              app.addMenuItem ({cName: "Show PageBox Sizes", cParent: "View", cExec: "ThePageSize()" });

Keep in mind that this code example is metric based (all internal PDF measurements are in PostScript Points and need to be converted to other units) and in this case I am rounding to 2 places, however one can elect not to round, or only round to 1 place, or report in inches (changing 0.3528 to 0.0138889) etc. I believe that you may need to use the less common .js extension, rather than .jsx that is more common for the CC apps.

http://prepression.blogspot.com/2017...e-scripts.html

You will need to find the appropriate directory to install the .js file into (Windows or Mac, similar to below):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Javascripts\

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/Resources/JavaScripts/

(The Mac requires installation inside the application package via the contextual click “show package contents” command).

The script will be installed under the View menu, however it could also be made available to another menu such as the File menu etc.

P.S. There is another page box that scripting exposes – BoundingBox, however I have had confusing results so have not included it.
              Last edited by Stephen Marsh; 07-30-2018, 02:37 AM.
              Comments are personal and my views may not be shared by my employer or partners.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
              4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4592 users online. 116 members and 4476 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X