Avantra 25 Low Density in half page

tekcontrol

I've a problem with a Avantra 25, randomly it prints a page with a very low density. Sometimes half (or part) of the page has a normal density and the other half does not. Even the density test shows the same issue, and the problem is coming more often. Any ideas?

Regards:

Thanks for the answer, I'm not sure if the problem is the same with other resolutions, it mostly works 2400. The problem is the same at 50%. The problem seems to be that the points are not complete. It seems that the points are only partially draw.

Are you able to make a picture with a good magnificy?
There are a few reasons for that issue, including LaserDriverModule problem.

Here are two sambples of the problem, please notice the labels "ok" and "fail". The left side is a regular image, and the right side shows the problem, all at the same imaged file.

/Users/eduardorevuelta/Desktop/•••De Eddy/ ••Clientes/Miguel Salazar/IMG_2484.jpg

/Users/eduardorevuelta/Desktop/•••De Eddy/ ••Clientes/Miguel Salazar/IMG_2485.jpg

Sorry, here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    967.8 KB · Views: 163
Bad PWM of the laser diode or bad LD itself...
Laser Driver Module is under my suspiction.
Do you have a pocket X20 microscope?
I woul be curious to see the whole page with 100% black pattern

Last edited:
I print 1200, 2400 and 3600 density tests and all of them are ok. As I mention it does not happens all the time.

I don't have a 20x magnifier, but later I'll try to fin one and take a better picture.

If the error appears in a 100% screen shows it as a very low density print. Reading it with a densitometer it measures a 20% screen.

Other issue that maybe helps to find the error, sometimes it prints as the samples (see the three images it suppose to be a 100% screen)

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 174
99% laser diode, bad modulation.
I've never seen good fix results without a Field Serviceman on-site and spare SGM in his trunk.

Farshad, the spinner can make a squeaking noise when you turn the mirror in wrong direction.

Agree,
That's the easiest way to "sort apples and oranges".
If Avantra works in bad environment, that possible cause of spinner's unstable rotation because of the dust contamination in air-bearings, but the image corruption is pretty visible.

Last edited:
i came across similar density issues on avantra 25 many years ago
it was the Velcro strip dangling and moving in front of spin motor

Hi ,
Do you have an update on this one ?
From the pictures , I would think that the lower density is caused by incorrect data.
So I don´t think it is caused by the laser or any of the settings.

The spinner is possible, but I don´see a spinner error in any of the emails.
Personnaly , I would go for a damaged flatcable.

This could result in intermittent failures , in the direction as you descibe.
Good Luck

Thank you all guys for your effort, I'm sorry not answer before but I was waitting for more clues. it's amazing but I guess Techno has the right answer, since I open de machine check lenses, etc. I reattach the Velcro strip, and since then the problem has gone. I don't want to claim victory yet, but up today it's working fine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back