Import Adobe Color Books?

prepressdork

Is there a way to convert Adobe Color Books (.acb) to a format that Pitstop can read and import such as Adobe Swatch Exchange (.ase)?

Thanks in advance,
pd

You can add the contents of an .acb to the swatches, then save the swatches as an .ase

What do you need to get into PitStop (what version of PitStop)?

Stephen Marsh

If you have a physical PANTONE color book you can use the code printed on it to download the PANTONE Color Manager software for free (or you can buy it for $50).
https://www.pantone.com/pantone-color-manager-software

It has the most current values for all of their books built in, from there you can export back to your design programs or save as an ASE file. I recently had to use it to update some of our CS and CC programs for a client who wanted to use some of the newest colors.

Ah ha! I was using the Export feature to export the books to my Adobe apps. When selecting Save As... I can choose different formats.

Thanks!
pd

You can add the contents of an .acb to the swatches, then save the swatches as an .ase

What do you need to get into PitStop (what version of PitStop)?

Stephen Marsh

I needed PMS 2384 which is part of the Pantone+ Solid Coated V2 book. Now, all my Adobe apps AND pitstop have the latest books :)

Thanks,
pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back