TRUEPRESS 344

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUEPRESS 344

I just had a demo on this press and i must say it is far better than a Ptek machine. Any one here own a TP344?

Re: TRUEPRESS 344

If you wanted to talk to any of our users or even visit one in your area, that could be arranged. what company are you from/area

cheers

Comment

Hey guys, just found this site while searching for info in the TruPress 344. I have been comparing the available Di's in the market and the Screen keeps coming out on top.
      I just signed the contract for one last week and it will be installed Jan. 7th. This was a very difficult decision, mainly because of the first few failures in the US market by Screen. From my investigation the machines were yanked because of dampening unit issues. We printers in the US don't use alcohol (in printing presses anyway) and the roller compounds and lack of skew adjustment on the pan roller led to emulsification and ink stripping problems. I was impressed with the demonstration and it appears these issues have been addressed.
      There is a lot too like about the Screen press compared to the Presstek and I think I have made the correct decision, but I am still concerned because of the lack of penetration into the US market. In order for us to be successful with our new press it is important that Screen is successful with placing units in our market. The plates for the Screen press are not proprietary such as the Presstek but it wont make any difference if there is not enough units in the market for another plate manufacture to come on board with an alternative to the Konica/Minolta offering.
      Not to mention the lack of support if they don't get these machines out there.

If anyone is interested, I will post our experience with the install and production issues once we get rolling.

So come on fellow ink dippers and buy this press, Its going to be tough starting a users group with no users!

David

Comment

David,
        Congrats on the purchase. I for one would love to know the progress of the new machine.

Comment

Hello David,
          we just install TP344N.
          Some problems as yours, most by dampening problems
          In South Asia, TP penetration so slow.
          Now we only the one which use TP344

Comment

Hello arif. Slow penetration in the USA as well. I wish you luck with your new press. I'm sure Screen is all over the dampening problem, they want this press to be successful.

Hi Screen, what's up?

Comment

David,

How is your machine doing? Are you in production yet with the TP344?

OG

Comment

David,
                Arif,
                What has been your experience with the TP 344. How is the production and quality. Are you there in Drupa ?
                Regards

Comment

Hello baratk,
                  The Production and the quality is good.
                  But having problem with plate supply for this month, they said KONICA have been late to delivery but they promise me to deliver the plate by this end of May.
                  Regards,
                  Arif

Comment

I think after drupa, there will be a lot more machines in asia, especially india. There are 50 working machines in EMEA now.

Comment

The 344 is a sweet machine. It could kick some butt in the USA also. Ptek is NOT the only show in the DI market.
                      Screen is a great company that could really capture the DI market if they tried.

OG

Comment

i personnally can't see the market for new di presses growing.
                        how much does a new ptek 52di cost. $450,000
                        about the same as a pm52 with consol and most automation. give me the versatility of the pm52
                        use any plates. use metalic ink higher running speed for long runs. even if it doesn't happen often you are going to have a 100,000 run some day. and with the presstek you are going to image 5 times instead of 1 set of plates. if you have a niche market sure go di. if you want a starter 4color go used di. but buying new Why?

Comment

My personal experience of the 344 is not good. I find it very user unfriendly, over sensitive, very unforgiving and obviously designed by a computer nerd who is probably a crap printer. Haven't seen a feeder set up like that since the old Multiliths and thought they had died a death. Good enough to print jobbing runs for customers who know nothing about what they are buying, but for quality...forget it.

Comment

Thsi is not the impression that I have. Could you be more specific. What equipment s do you have and what are the problems you are / were facing. When did you buy the machine?
                            You comments, I am sure, has surprised all of us in the forum.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on the TP344. It is a step above a DI and not all people like that.

OG

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
                              UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4534 users online. 105 members and 4429 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                              X