2nd BTR area

kdw75

when purchasing our Versant 2100, Xerox was proud of the increased fusing area, saying it led to improved image quality. Wouldn't a larger 2nd BTR also be an improvement, or would that just cause more chance for squirm?

We have replaced at least 4 or 5 second btr on the Versant 80. I don't remember that being much of an issue on the C75. On the C75 we had mostly developer housing issues.

when purchasing our Versant 2100, Xerox was proud of the increased fusing area, saying it led to improved image quality. Wouldn't a larger 2nd BTR also be an improvement, or would that just cause more chance for squirm?

Since all your doing is transferring toner to the sheet at that point I don't see what improvement a larger diameter 2nd BTR would make. Probably the biggest issue with transferring toner is humidity that is not in the 30% to 60% range, or the secondary voltage transfer is not being adjusted to compensate for humidity changes.

Since all your doing is transferring toner to the sheet at that point I don't see what improvement a larger diameter 2nd BTR would make. Probably the biggest issue with transferring toner is humidity that is not in the 30% to 60% range, or the secondary voltage transfer is not being adjusted to compensate for humidity changes.

Only thing I can think of is that it could reduce the amount of tail edge image smearing on thick substrates.

Have they put the TAG13 kit on yours. The flywheel. Helps a lot with trail edge also.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back