3404 DI Statement and Questions about my statements

Re: 3404 DI Statement and Questions about my statements

Hi GG,

I'll give it a go,

Q: The question is are the lights to be all Green? It seems to me that an amber light means that there is a possible error occuring. At least that is like that for our Router and/or Switches in the network so same thinking applies here.

>> No, they are green and amber in sequence, I have not been able to find out what they mean but that is normal.

Q: What should we expect to see happen with the DI when using paper above the recommended use.

>> Not good on any machine, depends how far out of range the stock is. Obiously, the impression setting must cover your stock weight or you will be looking at blanket damage and poor printing at the least. Push it too far and the grippers can be damaged etc.

Q: What should one expect after using PSM colors in a DI?

>> Providing the PMS colours are mixed with waterless compatible inks, you should have no problems. Standard sheetfed PMS ink will not work.

Good luck

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back