8800E PlateImager

rath307

We been running a 8800E from Screen for about 2years now
many issues with the laser heads and the GLV. The 8800E employees
a different technology than the 8600 if you have to choose take the

rath307, please do not say such words, because we have PT-R8800 for 3 years without any issues. PT-R 8600 is more robust, but in special cases, especially stochastic screening GLV is better!

I am glad your 8800E is working fine but ours is a problem
especially when you only have 1 platesetter

May I help you with something- experience, spare parts, settings?
Your experience would be help full. I just purchase a 8800E, but having 2 problems.
1. Printing a 23 x 15 with vertical line's across drum the line's have a slight movement to left every
inch or so is that common or should I start checking my laser head for alignment.
2. Trying to rotate a Komori plate from 730 x 600 mm to 600 x 730 mm but when go to save will not
accept 600 but will accept 610 mm. I am very confuse, any info would be most welcome.
Press D.:confused:

Hi,
1. attach a picture.
2. From 590 to 605mm is forbidden region by X size on all Screens. You need special pin on the platesetter, which is factory option.

Regards,
Ansoft

Hi,

The 8800E engine is writing the image with 512 beams .
The optics-carriage moves contineously from left to right. If you would activate 1 beam only, it would write a spiral line.
To write "straight" lines , the pixels need to be shifted. This effect is called helical correction.
The video data shifts 512 times ( or is it 511 ? ) during 1 revolution of the drum.
This is much smaller then " every inch or so ". The effect is probably visible for every 2 mm , or so.

The 600 mm size is indeed a difficult size. Registration happens with register punches and pins. To prevent this plate size to hit the wrong pin, you need to make an escapement hole at 600mm.
So to be able to load plates with sizes 590 to 610 , you need to upgrade your machine with an additional punch. This can be done in the field.

Regards,

Plate Rite Screen 8800E

Plate Rite Screen 8800E

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I'm not sure how I would shift the vertical line.
Thanks for the info

PressD:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back