AB Dick 9870D feeding issue

kramer

Hey all, new to this forum. Its been over 12 years since I have ran an AB Dick and about 6 years since running a press at all. I have mostly been in prepress since. I have acquired an AB Dick 9870D which is newer than I am familiar with. 9840 & 9880 is the last I have ran. The feeding system is alittle "beefier" than previous Dickies I remember. The top forwarding roller is continually in contact with the bottom forwarding roller. On the right side the arm moves up & down slightly and not at all on the left side. This causes the paper to not feed in straight. On older versions we would just bend the arm on the left side just a little so the up/down movement matches from side to side. I know the roller should be moving up & down but is not. Does anyone know how to fix on this version? The arms are much too s****y to just bend.

Thanks PrintPlanet!

Kramer, I don't know if you fixed your problem here is the answer. there are two square blocks on each side of the feed rollers they have an allen wrench set screw.this is the adjustment for the feed rollers. Good luck.

Feeding problems

Feeding problems

Have you lost one of the springs because you should have two one each side

Thanks Printdog, I did sorta not totally. Cannot run faster than 6500 without misfeeding due to this problem. Do you know anything about the 9870CD continuous water system? I am in need of adjusting all rollers and don't see how most are adjusted.
Spider, all springs are accounted for. Thanks

Do you have a Kompac on there if so there is a copper and silver nut at each end one is the locking nut i think the small one is the locking. Loosen the small and turn the large one until you have a 4mm stripe even across the whole plate. As for the ink rollers there are two oblong holes on the operator and non operater side covers. Inside the the hole there are two shafts with flat head screw tops. Once again one is locking nut and the other is the adjustment. Make an adjustment and drop ink rollers on plate making sure even all the way across. Stripe should be 3-4mm Good luck

Thanks Printdog, I should have been alittle more clear. It has a AB Dick metering roller continuous system on it which is kinda like their version of a Dahlgren system. I have looked high and low for a service manual and have come up empty.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back