Acrobat Guides

jsnkiefer

Hello all,

In a multi-page .pdf document is there a way to drag guides onto the page and
have them stay as you page through the document instead of having to place the
guides on every page? Or maybe this is impossible because you can have more than 1 page size in a multi-page doc? I know I can place a grid, but I'd rather just have the guides I've set.

THANKS! (in advance)

Hello all,

In a multi-page .pdf document is there a way to drag guides onto the page and
have them stay as you page through the document instead of having to place the
guides on every page? Or maybe this is impossible because you can have more than 1 page size in a multi-page doc? I know I can place a grid, but I'd rather just have the guides I've set.

THANKS! (in advance)

I am not sure on the official answer (perhaps JavaScript?). That being said, off the top of my head, a hack would be to set-up your "guides" as a PDF file using stroked paths and then to place this as a watermark (presuming that all the pages were the same size). One can also add different page size watermarks to other sized pages sizes as required. I would make the guides in a spot colour "guides" and overprint the lines at the object level.

One may also be able to move the watermark to a new layer with a preflight fixup, for example based on transparency (if no transparency was used elsewhere in the file), which is another way to toggle the view of the guides off/on (which is why I suggested using a unique spot colour, so that one could toggle the guide off using separations preview.)

Best,

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back