Acrobat in CS5?

zoran

All the apps in CS5 got upgrade except for Acrobat, it stayed at version 9.
Considering how good upgrade from 8 to 9 was, I was excited, guessing what else could have improved in version 10, than I got disappointed when Adobe announced Acrobat is staying at version 9.
On Mac, one of the major upgrades is 64 bit, does anyone have any other info on Acrobat?
Is Acrobat 9 going to be 64 bit, how is that going to affect plugins like Pitstop and others?
There is tons of info about every other piece of CS5 except for Acrobat, unfortunately and I know some of the people in the know frequent these forums so I figured I might get some more info this way.

Thanks

We purchased CS3 late, it came with both Acrobat Pro 8 from the original release - plus it also came with Acrobat Pro 9.

If one waits long enough, I imagine that the separate release cycle for Acrobat will come along and it will be included with later versions of the creative suite.

Acrobat is not part of the CS, however it is included in the various suite bundles (different release cycle, different icon, different box packaging etc).

I agree with you that Acrobat and CS have separate product release cycles, but it's been a while, or it just looks like that?
Acrobat 7 was released with CS2, Acrobat 8 with CS3, Acrobat 9 came out with CS3.3 in 2008, than later as a part of CS4 so either this will be the longest cycle for Acrobat or there will be no future updates??

I agree with you that Acrobat and CS have separate product release cycles, but it's been a while, or it just looks like that?
Acrobat 7 was released with CS2, Acrobat 8 with CS3, Acrobat 9 came out with CS3.3 in 2008, than later as a part of CS4 so either this will be the longest cycle for Acrobat or there will be no future updates??

I don't have any inside knowledge, I am just making assumptions based on past experience!

All the apps in CS5 got upgrade except for Acrobat, it stayed at version 9.
Considering how good upgrade from 8 to 9 was, I was excited, guessing what else could have improved in version 10, than I got disappointed when Adobe announced Acrobat is staying at version 9.
On Mac, one of the major upgrades is 64 bit, does anyone have any other info on Acrobat?
Is Acrobat 9 going to be 64 bit, how is that going to affect plugins like Pitstop and others?
There is tons of info about every other piece of CS5 except for Acrobat, unfortunately and I know some of the people in the know frequent these forums so I figured I might get some more info this way.

Thanks

There is no change in the version of Acrobat 9 being shipped with CS5. It is absolutely not 64-bit.

- Dov

While we certainly have not released a major upgrade in the same time frame as other releases, there have been almost a dozen updates since Acrobat 9 to correct bugs and other issues. In addition, we started a new "quarterly update" policy, which we never had before.

So while you have not seen a major upgrade, you are seeing a LOT more minor updates than in the past.

So yes, Acrobat is still an active product at Adobe...

While we certainly have not released a major upgrade in the same time frame as other releases, there have been almost a dozen updates since Acrobat 9 to correct bugs and other issues. In addition, we started a new "quarterly update" policy, which we never had before.

So while you have not seen a major upgrade, you are seeing a LOT more minor updates than in the past.

So yes, Acrobat is still an active product at Adobe...

Well I certainly wish you would update it to allow flipping through pages using the arrow keys on the keyboard while clicking the separations on and off in the output preview with the mouse. I have several users still using Acrobat 7 because of this. And if Acrobat 7 could do it I see no reason why Acrobat 9 shouldn't be able to as well. :mad:

[/beatingdeadhorse]

I believe Acrobat 7 was released with Adobe Creative Suite v1.3, Acrobat 8 with CS 2.3, etc.

Well I certainly wish you would update it to allow flipping through pages using the arrow keys on the keyboard while clicking the separations on and off in the output preview with the mouse. I have several users still using Acrobat 7 because of this. And if Acrobat 7 could do it I see no reason why Acrobat 9 shouldn't be able to as well. :mad:

[/beatingdeadhorse]

I can flip through pages using the arrow keys while clicking on separations in Acrobat 9. You do have to click back on the page of the PDF after clicking a color on or off tho, unlike in Acrobat 7.

I can flip through pages using the arrow keys while clicking on separations in Acrobat 9. You do have to click back on the page of the PDF after clicking a color on or off tho, unlike in Acrobat 7.

Yes, that is the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back