Acrobat not printing all the text on the page

selectset

Registered Users
I have an acrobat document that when i print it to a non postscript printer (km-4035) from a pc, only the logo on the page prints, not the text. I tried both acrobat 8 and 9. When i print it to a postscript printer everything shows up.

I have tried saving the document as PS and redistilling it and got the same results.

Anybody have any ideas on this one.

Attached is the pdf file

Attachments

• test.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 207
None of the text? I manage to print it fine on my home printer.
If it was just the text in times I would suspect a font conflict with differing versions of times.

Try unembedding times
printing as image (under advanced) is a last resort

None of the text? I manage to print it fine on my home printer.
If it was just the text in times I would suspect a font conflict with differing versions of times.

Try unembedding times
printing as image (under advanced) is a last resort

Is your home pinter a postscript printer?

It printed fine on all of our postscript printers but when i tried it on 3 different non postscript printers, it did not print on any of them. I was thinking it had something to do with the fonts also.

I outlined all the text and then it printed on our copier printers.

I don't know if checking use local fonts in the preferences (under display) would make a difference.
It could be that your PPD is saying that the font is in printer, I would try to find out what causes it. Would changing the font make it print? If so look at different versions of times/times new roman and pinpoint which work and which don't.

I ran some tests today on the file using different printer drivers and got different results based on the printer driver that was being used.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back