Advise on Pocket Folder

Would appreciate some expert advice:
We are being asked to produce a Pocket folder - die cut with 2 glued pockets.
Stock: 130 lb Silk Cover (Chorus Art Silk).
Printing: Solid black (C,M,Y:30,30,30, K: 100) on both sides!!
Client is demanding that there be no cracking on either the outside or the inside of the main 12" fold.
We are scoring the 12" fold WITH the grain.
Any advise on how to achieve the best possible result? I know - this is a tough one!

Score it with Tri-Creasers would be my best answer. But I doubt it will work on the inside, it seems that is just an unrealistic requirement.

tri-crease will blow out the inside, that is a hard one, you may be able to run a 1/16 strip of just 100% on the inside once folded you will not see the color difference, but if a good die score you may be able to keep the blow out and flaking to a minimum...

tri-crease will blow out the inside, that is a hard one, you may be able to run a 1/16 strip of just 100% on the inside once folded you will not see the color difference, but if a good die score you may be able to keep the blow out and flaking to a minimum...

Unrealistic expectations. Please post if you figure this one out but honestly I do not see how you can avoid some cracking. I would price this one with intentions of reprinting it at least one time.

Good luck,

John Weaver

Rj litho

Rj litho

One option is to film laminate the film will help in the wrap of the crease it will stretch around
may be expensive but you clients expectations are a bit unreasonable .I have fixed a few jobs with lamination . Let me know how you make out ..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back