AE 10.1 - Map Colorant Error - Please Help!

Brad38CMU

I need some help! We keep getting a 'Failed to map colorant' error (attached) that is causing our RIP to fail. Has anyone seen this and have a solution to the problem? We've contacted ESKO directly and they haven't been any help.

Attachments

• ColorantError.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 216
Brad-
Give me some more details and I can probably help you figure this out. We have seen this error before and I know how frustrating it can be to talk to Esko support. What program are you launching to AE10 from? Also I see your Lblack is a "designer" color and I am assuming that is line black? Either way I have some ways to narrow down the error.

Ok, I will make some other assumptions. I assume you are launching normalized PDF's within AE10. And I will assume you have the LBlack loaded in your designer book and the color books are linked correctly. I am also assuming you have color engine 10. If those assumptions are correct then the color is not calling up correctly from the Flexrip. To verify this, map the LBlack to another standard spot color, rerip your PDF and then launch in AE10. If the file works then it is the designer color. If the file fails then you need to look at that log file. If the file runs then you need to verify the colorbook linking. Hope that helps.

Sounds like a linking problem between the designer book and the color strategy being used to rip.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back