After converting from Azura to Azura TS plates

J

Jack-Of-Plates

Has anyone noticed any changes when they switched over from the green plate to the blue plate. Is the processor getting dirtier, perhaps shorter run length on press, the clean out unit making more noise in-between cleanings(pump/brushes), the chemistry not lasting as long as it used too.

There was a change in gum before the TS plates came out. The new gum having some kind of addition so that it is not as "frothy" as before. The gum also becomes more slimy than the old type of gum which became more like old chewing gum. We have changed to slightly bigger plates and also do not image as large proportion small plates, and therefore have a much cleaner system than before.
When you change chemistry do you also clean the rollers in your cleaner? Make sure to wash away any build up on the coggs. also don't forget to clean/wash out the filter underneath the cleaner.
I had the cleaner be noisy at one point wich was just because the rollers hadn't quite snapped in place ;p

I run the TS gum about 2 months (+) and add distilled water in the sixth week when the solution starts to get thick. Definitely do a good job cleaning the processor! Have also experienced noisy rollers due to build up in the teeth of the drive gears.

I use a tooth brush for the teeth. (better clarify cog teeth in the processor ;p) No toothpaste though, and not necessary everey day ;)

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies

So how low do you let the gum get in the container before switching it out?

You are suppose to reset the timer every 300 something. Cant be milli liters but is is something like that. Might be meters but that is what agfa told us. On weekends we fill a cube of hot clean water and run the rinse three or four times before we go home and let the water sit in the system over the weekend. The machine will cycle all weekend long so the gum does not stick on the exit rollers. After the 300 what ever measurement it is you are suppose to toss the old chemistry and replace it.

We have a simple procedure. The gum comes in 20 litre cans. When the can is 50% empty, we dissconect it, fill an empty 20 litre can, with luke-warm water in it's place. Drain the filter (every 3rd time wash the filter also the pipes for distributing the gum are cleaned those times). Clean all the rollers (with water), including using a tooth brush on the cogs that are unpractical to remove. With a damp/wet cloth remove any build up. Let the cleaner run the water through for 20-30 minutes, then it is drained from water. The now coloured water is now poured over to the half empty canister, of old gum making a full canister to send to the firm responsible for destruction of chemical waste (environmental requirement where we are). My "washing" canister is now empty – and i replace it with a fresh batch of gum.
Those instances where it has been unpractical to clean when cleaning was due, I have just topped up with a litre tap water to put it off a couple days.

There is no chemical process like a developer, meaning the system is not sensitive to small variation. The process is in the CTP. If need be you can actually just hose down the plates and put in press, but the gum makes them easier to handle.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back