After Hour Service Charges

eseals

Can someone tell me what a reasonable charge would be for after hours service on a color production machine?

We do not have a contract for after hours but do need service about once a month. Did not want to name names but does $400/hour for service on C900 sound high to you???

yes.

But we don't have that "brand", so hard for me to comment. Last time we had after hours was on a holiday with a company starting with a letter near the end of the alphabet :D I don't write the checks, but I am wanting to say it was 225 1st hour and billed in 15 min increments after?

Just curious - job demands, or a recurring issue?

It will take a lot of clicks to make up that lost revenue! Anyone looking to purchase digital color should take a long look at service charges and not just usage. I am not happy at $400/hr. When you figure in lost production time and waste, we are taking a beating on the service......am I missing something?

It will take a lot of clicks to make up that lost revenue! Anyone looking to purchase digital color should take a long look at service charges and not just usage. I am not happy at $400/hr. When you figure in lost production time and waste, we are taking a beating on the service......am I missing something?

That is what people don't take into account when they think they can get into business and sell color prints for 19 cents a piece. What about service contract, utilities, payroll, building, etc.? But if you run the clicks, it is my opinion that you can't live without a service contract. I once did a quick analysis for a 3 month period, just using loose numbers and we would have been pummeled without a contract...

Every time I think about canceling our service contract something breaks and I think that I'm glad I didn't cancel it . . . . at least a service contract is a fixed figure and can be figured in to the charges easily

I have a service contract.......I was talking about after hours calls. I think we need to push back on these charges especially when the Vendor fails to do proper pm during regular hours or if it is due to defective parts.......

I have a service contract.......I was talking about after hours calls. I think we need to push back on these charges especially when the Vendor fails to do proper pm during regular hours or if it is due to defective parts.......

What stuff are you calling for after hours ? Maybe you can add after hours coverage to your contract ?

We have had rare exceptions for repeat issues or non-performance of a recently installed part to get a comp on after hours, but you better document it - they will fight back pretty hard at first.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back