agfa azura ts vs fuji brillia plates

viclpp

in comparison which one works better? have anyone tried both of these plates before? i tried the agfa one, was good but wasn't too happy with.

oh its a brillia LH-PJ i think.

Last edited:
As information collection from my technical teams, Agfa is better. While Fuji can't be used and equivalent to other brand plates, Agfa is possible. Our brand plate DTP150i is the same as Agfa.
Is that like a comparison?

Vic:

Interesting question.

I suspect you're in the pressroom, or, you've only been supplied press-ready plates.

The biggest difference between the two plates is that LHPJ is a traditionally-processed positive
plate, like our Energy Elite, and the Azura is a chemistry-free plate - where it only goes through
a gumming unit to remove the unwanted background emulsion, and lay-down protective gum.

In the early days (2004?) of the launch of Azura, I would have said that you are comparing
apples and oranges. But, I've since found several of my customers switching from plates such
as the one you referenced, to Azura. These are not small niche operations, but traditional
high-quality, sheedfed commercial printers, with one or two 4- and 8-up imaging lines.

With Azura, you'll find that both in pre-press, and in the pressroom, you'll be able to
"set-it and forget-it"... it's that easy and consistent.

Good luck in your quest - as I suspect you are in Texas, my colleague Kevin can
certainly get you more references.

Regards,

Last edited:
yeah we have been talking to kevin and fuji reps as also. knowing that screen and agfa have the same ctp, we are just now wanting to know if it would save us money going chem free. we have tried azura plates already. I am now trying to try the fuji plate. i will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Vic

Thanks Vic:

Going chem-free is not just about driving out cost in processing, but also driving out labor and variables in the process.

Good luck in your quest,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back