Align Trays

CanarcticPress

I am using a Fiery with Command WorkStation 4, Using the Align trays function with a paper size of 12.5 x 19' there is no choice for that size. Being as how I have only worked on this for a year I have no clue what the A4,A5,A4cover,B4,A3, could someone fill me in please. Also any reason why when I choose tray 6 I only have three choices 8.5x11,A4sef,A4lef ?

figured the whole point of doing that was to have it aligned to that stock and size. 10pt Kromekote Gloss One Sided 12.5x19. It would still be the same alignment???

figured the whole point of doing that was to have it aligned to that stock and size. 10pt Kromekote Gloss One Sided 12.5x19. It would still be the same alignment???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I was taught is that the purpose of it is to align the tray, so that, regardless of the paper size, the tray is aligned.

Granted, I'd want to align it with the exact stock I plan to use, but if the above is true, then aligning it with a similar size shouldn't hurt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I was taught is that the purpose of it is to align the tray, so that, regardless of the paper size, the tray is aligned.

My version of Fiery clearly states that the Align Trays function only works for the particular size you are aligning so you have to do a new Align Trays for every size you use. Its a rather old Fiery so things may have changed.

Canartic,
If I recall you have a Xerox 700??? If the GUI on top of the 700 is anything like my 8000AP there is an option under tools where you can align the print engine instead of the Fiery. There should be a button labeled "Access" it will ask you for a password the default might be 11111, then go to tools, the second tab will have an option for alignment. There are (at least on the 8000AP) more options to align the sheet then with the Fiery tray align.

Good Luck!

I am using a Fiery with Command WorkStation 4, Using the Align trays function with a paper size of 12.5 x 19' there is no choice for that size. Being as how I have only worked on this for a year I have no clue what the A4,A5,A4cover,B4,A3, could someone fill me in please. Also any reason why when I choose tray 6 I only have three choices 8.5x11,A4sef,A4lef ?

Fiery Tray Alignemnt ONLY works on standard sizes and is specific to that size only and through the specified tray ONLY.

i hear EFI may add the 12.5 x 19 as a standard size seeing as printers use it so much being so economical

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back