Alternative to Pitstop?

Re: Alternative to Pitstop?

Don wrote +would Check take care of fixing these same problems so that I don't get them in my workflow?+

Speedflow does have the ability to remove CID font encoding and convert the fonts to either Truetype or Type1 (based on the font). We can also remove CFF font encoding. If you'd like to send me some test files I'd be more than glad to run them for you and send them back. If you're interested, just drop me an email.

Regards,
Greg

Systems Engineer
OneVision, Inc.

Hello,

I-Trap handles live transparency very well! It works using the Harlequin Rip so you don't have to wait for the PDF print engine. It also gives you the ability to have either interactive trapping or in-rip trapping at the same time.

You can trap and output a trapped PDF file with a trapping layer - or you can simply trap and output your job as you wish. It is the most versatile trapping program on the market. Outputs range from JPEG, layered PDF, PDFx, screened 1 bit TIFF using Hybrid Screening, through to outputting anything the rip supports.

David Lewis
www.trapping.org
Lucid Dream Software
847-202-8424

PISTOP is the best solution - If only, all the softwares were made like PITSTOP to save our day, we would have enough money to afford to buy whatever the price!>(.v.)

You will all be very happy to know there IS a reasonably priced alternative to Pitstop, Asura OneVision, etc. The latest program out is the "InstantGraFIX" and "The Validator" software by PublishASAP (www.publishasap.com). "The Validator" will correct all of the following in less than one second for $1 per graphic:

1. Eliminates any stray points, unpainted objects, empty text paths.
2. Eliminates any stray points or objects outside the image area.
3. Black is set to overprint. Includes black with CMY and spot blacks. Applies to fills, strokes, text, all black elements.
4. Converts spot colors to process color.
5. Checks and reports if embedded raster images are high resolution (266 ppi for 133dpi and 300 ppi for 150 dpi)).
6. RGB converted to CMYK or grayscale.
7. All fonts converted to Type 1 and not TrueType
8. All leaders are at least 0.25 pt in weight
9. All leaders or straight lines are filled and not stroked
10. No filled and unclosed stroked paths
11. No white fills being used as masks. Replace fills with masks.
12. White fills and strokes are set to knock out and must not be set for overprint.
13. All items in the layers palette are unlocked and unhidden.
14. Crop any extra white space from embedded images, hand drawn images, or custom Photoshop images with a mask.
15. 100%K fills are set to overprint
16. Reports if Images are parsed and not placed, embedded not linked
17. Rules contain only strokes. Fills are eliminated.
18. Strict control on percentage of total ink coverage
19. Custom color swatches removed if not actually used in graphic
20. Delete "pasteboard" objects
21. Merge all text boxes.
22. Text sitting on black tints that are above 60%K are changed to white and knockout
23. Lineweight check and correction.
24. Total Ink Coverage check (TAC/TIC) and correction
25. GCR (Gray Component Reduction) ink savings
26. All files are ripped (Harlequin) and trapped.
27. Convert rich blacks to 100% K.

We use the tool for our clients but in your perspective we sell it ... Need is the mother of invention ... our clients helped us to develop this since they were not satisfied with the current industry tools functionality and price.

I'm curious to know what the underlying technologies are beyond Harlequin. Some of it looks very familiar, some of it looks interesting.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back