Any way to calibrate/adjust Morgana Autocreaser?

gazfocus

I’ve recently bought a Morgana Autocreaser. It’s the older version without a screen (has the red led display for the measurements etc).

I tried to do an A4 half fold today with the fold at 148.5mm. Every time, it folded at 145mm instead despite it being set to 148.5.

Is there any adjustments I can make to make it accurate or am I just stick with finding an alternative measurement til I get the fold in the correct place?

The length between the leading edge of the sheet and the 1st crease position can be
calibrated in the event of the machine creasing out of position.
Also the last crease closest to the back of the sheet can be adjusted relative to the front
edge of the sheet to compensate for the inaccuracy of manufacture of the input roller
diameters.
The first crease should be 50 mm (2.00 inch) from the lead edge (less than 1 revolution
of the infeed roller) & the last crease should be 370 mm (14.50 inch) from the lead edge.
These figures match with the test sheet available from the production department.

Adjust the 1st crease position as follows:-
• Turn On machine
• Hold down the Push Button 4 and flick the Set-up switch down – the display will
show ‘dEtr’ and a numeric value of between 90 & 121.
• Rotate the setting dial to change the value (turn clockwise to Increase), a higher
value will move the crease further from the lead edge (105 is a good starting point).
• Return setup switch to ‘Ready to accept value.
• Run machine and check crease position – repeat above procedure until accurate
crease position is achieved.

Adjust the Last crease position as follows:-
• Turn On machine
• Hold down the Push Button 4 and flick the Set-up switch down – the display will
show ‘dEtr’, press push button 3 & the display will change to ‘Etch’ and a numeric
value of between -128 & +127.
• Rotate the setting dial to change the value (turn clockwise to Increase), a higher
value will move the crease further from the lead edge, (0 is a good starting point).

Finally someone answering straightforward without wanting to sell anything ...
Well done aparat, thanks!

Amen. Thank you. We have the very machine and I have been content to run a sheet and adjust accordingly. Thanks!

Excellent reply Aparat.
Since we're asking, I have the same problem on my Morgana Digifold Mk1 which also doesn't fold in the correct position. Would you be able to help with that one please.

no problem, glad to help guys.
sidneykidney - on digifold is more tricky.
Hold push button 4 down and press the set-up switch to its down position, the
display will show ‘tabr0’.
3. By turning the rotary switch you can now scroll through the menu of available
machine settings that can be changed
Set the crease positions
Etch - Adjusts the position of the last crease position relative to the sensor.
Detr - Adjusts 1st crease position relative to the sensor.
allso sent you a pm..

This is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone can help. I have an Autocreaser 50 that I bought at auction, it's in the category of "SERIAL No. 710046JEAJ ONWARDS" in terms of manufacture date. It has the black and white LCD display with joystick control, but no other buttons. The crease position is off by 3/32" or so. I found the service manual, but on "calibration of creasing position" it starts with "Insert the engineers plug" and I don't have that. I feel like those things are usually just a jumper with or without a resistor, but according to the wiring schematic, it's 4 wires going to the board so I didn't want to try randomly crossing wires. Is there a source for the plug or a tip on bypassing it? It seems obnoxious to hide basic things like switching languages, changing between inch/metric, and adjusting crease position behind a specialty plug. The only other thing using that plug is "diagnostics" but it's not even clear what that does. It sounds like a factory reset.

Similar query here - we have an Autocreaser Pro33 which I guess may need calibration.
When hand feeding, it is consistently accurate, however when running in automatic feed mode, the output is all over the place.
The same with perforating - hand feeding (which is painful, since the feed mechanism powers down every couple of minutes) delivers accurate perfing, whereas auto feed gives skewed output.

Ours is missing the glass balls for the feeder so I've ordered some metal and plastic replacements. I'm hoping that improves feeding on ours. Still, unless there is a pile of sheets, the air blows the sheets pretty violently, even at the most minimal settings. Though the selector knob up near the display doesn't seem to work right I don't think. It reduces air a lot when pressed down, but doesn't seem to stay down in any of the positions.

Ours is missing the glass balls for the feeder so I've ordered some metal and plastic replacements. I'm hoping that improves feeding on ours. Still, unless there is a pile of sheets, the air blows the sheets pretty violently, even at the most minimal settings. Though the selector knob up near the display doesn't seem to work right I don't think. It reduces air a lot when pressed down, but doesn't seem to stay down in any of the positions.

The black knob moves up and down but needs to be turned to lock when at the selected height.

These are the three adjustments to air that I'm aware of. I'm guessing you're referring to this one, though I can't see that it makes any difference (the knob anyway).

IMG_2052 (1).jpeg

This is the one I was referring to that I can rotate to the three positions but I can only get it to stick down like this if I turn it hard into this orientation, and it only seems to appreciably affect the air when it's pressed down.
IMG_2053 (1).jpeg

This one definitely makes a difference, but for my long narrow sheets, the recommendation is position 1 but 0 seems calmer. Though if I stack a lot of sheets in there it's much calmer, it's just our jobs are going to be 120 sheets or so in many cases.
IMG_2054 (1).jpeg

The diagnostic lead is the part I'm trying to either buy the plug for, or bypass so I can calibrate the score position myself.

IMG_2055 (1).jpeg

So I got replacements for the marbles that go in the feeder and it feeds much better now. However, every 1-4 sheets, the feed rollers stop while the sheet is partially in the blade area. This results in 2-3 scores in the sheet, rather than the 1 score intended. If it fails to feed a sheet in, it correctly reports that the sheet didn't arrive, so that sensor seems to work. The troubleshooting list in the service manual doesn't seem to reference this. Any thoughts?

The length between the leading edge of the sheet and the 1st crease position can be
calibrated in the event of the machine creasing out of position.
Also the last crease closest to the back of the sheet can be adjusted relative to the front
edge of the sheet to compensate for the inaccuracy of manufacture of the input roller
diameters.
The first crease should be 50 mm (2.00 inch) from the lead edge (less than 1 revolution
of the infeed roller) & the last crease should be 370 mm (14.50 inch) from the lead edge.
These figures match with the test sheet available from the production department.

Adjust the 1st crease position as follows:-
• Turn On machine
show ‘dEtr’ and a numeric value of between 90 & 121.
value will move the crease further from the lead edge (105 is a good starting point).

Adjust the Last crease position as follows:-
• Turn On machine
show ‘dEtr’, press push button 3 & the display will change to ‘Etch’ and a numeric
value of between -128 & +127.
value will move the crease further from the lead edge, (0 is a good starting point).
You seem to be the person in the know. We have this same machine. the air is working belts etc are turning but the paper is not feeding. When I switch the feed switch the red LED's come up with a 'P'. Any ideas greatfully received.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back