Anyone know how to get a Null Profile in a FreeFlow/ Xerox 700 workflow?

Lukas Engqvist

Trying to calibrate a Xerox 700, but I keep getting yellow contamination spots, when sending device CMYK even on linearisation I see a yellow dot pattern. Does anyone have any advice on how I can deal with this?

A lot of machines encode their serial number, and often the time with yellow dots to aid in forgery investigations:

Printer steganography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this what you're seeing? If so, there's almost certainly no way to turn it off. It would be appropriate to calibrate and profile with the dots, since they're always printed. We just switched from an Indigo, which did not do this, to a Konica C8000, which does. Unfortunately the toner has a sheen to it, and the dots stand out on coated paper.

If the time is encoded, try to print sheets for calibration at the exact second the encoded result will yield the average number of yellow dots. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back