Anyone ran NCR on a Nexpress?

UK Printer

Hi All,

Running NCR, digital grade giroform on Kodak Nexpress SRA3 , getting lots of ghosting, print looks pretty pants. Salesman reckons lots of Nexpress users are producing NCR, so i'm hoping there is some setting that i'm missing.

Doesn't seem to be fuser related.

Help!

Tim

Have Run it on Xerox 8002 with no-problems. With NCR paper, there is a "chemically-treated" side, and a "non-chemically treated". Very hard to tell the difference, visually. Make sure you are not printing on the wrong side.

-Best
MailGuru

Thanks for the reply Mailguru. That had crossed my mind, i've made sure its rolling on the right side.
White copy tends to run the best
Bottom colour is pretty bad
Middle copy is really bad

That does seem to point me down the road of the coating, what kind of sheet are you using on the Xerox? Kodak rep suggested switching to IDEM instead of the giro form sheet we use.

I spoke to the paper rep and he says that basically IDEM is just repackaged giro form, anyone know different?

Engineers on his way in for a small glitch elsewhere, i'll hound him about how to run NCR.

Cheers all for the assistance.

Tim

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back