Anyone visiting GraphExpo?

gordo

If you're at the show it would be great if you could post your observations and super great if you could post some snaps of the show.

I was there today and had a ton of fun and learned a lot. Anyone see anything really sweet? I thought the HP PageWide 8000 demo was pretty cool - 27 Arch D prints per minute.

I was there yesterday and I left feeling a little ho humm. It seems our industry has pretty well matured and new products are evolutionary, not revolutionary. So the new machine is 10 pages a minute faster. Does anyone really care?

That iFoil stuff is cool, but isn't it like 350k for that machine? I didn't even stop at their booth.

I was there yesterday and I left feeling a little ho humm. It seems our industry has pretty well matured and new products are evolutionary, not revolutionary. So the new machine is 10 pages a minute faster. Does anyone really care?

That iFoil stuff is cool, but isn't it like 350k for that machine? I didn't even stop at their booth.

The revolution is on the software side IMO. The PageWide is pretty sweet, and we will be taking advantage of it soon, but for companies like EFI and Xerox to take the strides they have on the software side is impressive and I am FULLY invested in working with EFI because they are helping my company take leaps and bounds for growth. To say there is nothing exciting/revolutionary means that you haven't even looked around. I am genuinely excited to go back to work and build up our company and make some major dollars.

Perhaps I did miss something then, because I just didn't see anything worth while. What kind of improvements are being made in software? Rips that rip faster?

Perhaps I did miss something then, because I just didn't see anything worth while. What kind of improvements are being made in software? Rips that rip faster?

Quit being a smartass. I left the show with a print boner and you should have, too. Then again, I'm a young guy and get "excited" quite easily.

The girls with the edward scisssorhands things were a little creepy.... I avoided them as much as possible.

I went yesterday (Tuesday)
Here's a gallery of just a few overall pics - Didn't really take any close-up pics of anything.
http://printit.imgur.com/

Seemed like a pretty decent crowd to me, but some of the sales reps said it seemed slow to them. The big entry area booths (Xerox, HP, Canon, KM) were all pretty packed - A lot of the outer booths were ghost towns.

I went yesterday (Tuesday)
Here's a gallery of just a few overall pics - Didn't really take any close-up pics of anything.
http://printit.imgur.com/

Seemed like a pretty decent crowd to me, but some of the sales reps said it seemed slow to them. The big entry area booths (Xerox, HP, Canon, KM) were all pretty packed - A lot of the outer booths were ghost towns.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

I spent 3 days there speaking with a number of vendors, big and small. All were pleased with the overall traffic and interest in their products. Vendors also told me they hold the PrintPlanet community in high regard. There were few announcements for new products or breakthroughs, as the majority of the vendors are saving those for Drupa.

Have not seen any attendance figures yet, but do expect they will be larger than last year. I was also happy to meet and talk with several Printplanet members there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back