Apogee client on Intel Mac OS10.5.8

pp prepress

We have Apogee3.5 (old but it works for us), got a new Intel Mac and trying to get the client to see the apogee server. It can't find it. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mary, PP Prepress

Apogee client

Apogee client

Have you tried mounting the datastore on your primary server volume? It's the way we had to do it in 2.5

not sure what you mean... mount the datastore volume right on the server where we have the Apogee 3.5 console working? then what happens? My Intel Mac (now OS10.6) will be able to load the client? and see the Apogee 3.5 console?

not sure what you mean... mount the datastore volume right on the server where we have the Apogee 3.5 console working? then what happens? My Intel Mac (now OS10.6) will be able to load the client? and see the Apogee 3.5 console?

Have you tried using both the IP address or server name and have you tried to "find" the server when you first start the client?
In version 2-ish I seem to remember you had to mount the Apogee datastore folder on the primary server on your client workstation prior to starting the client to be able to see the "server" in the workstation client.
I used to know this stuff in my sleep but I'm really rusty on the prior versions, sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the IP address and it has tried to "find" the server, but says it can't find it. I will try to mount the datastore on the primary server and then open the "client" on my Mac. I know we're on an old 3.5version. Research on the internet tells me that the "client" won't work on intel Macs unless we upgrade. We will probably have an old mac working for using the client until we upgrade. thanks for your reply.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back