Apogee InkSave

oxburger

Anyone testing, using, thinking of using? For those already using it, what are your estimated ink/cost savings?

Last edited:
I played with it, but never put it on press. It simply reseparates the files using greater GCR. The problem I have with it is that you can't proof it. The color transform happens just before screening. I'm simply not comfortable with that arrangement. I've spoken to others who are using it successfully, but I just can't run unproofed stuff.

Also, Agfa is the most expensive player in the market for this kind of software.

You can Proof it if you have Digital Film Proof TP. On the other hand Colour management has to do with locking down all variables and trusting computers being consistent as long as we give them consistent instructions.
You are trusting them as soon as you have digital proofs that are outputting on a 6c inkjet printer what you will later print in 4c on a press.

Re: AutoInk

Re: AutoInk

I saw copies of printed product from another shop that was in the process of installing and the results were very impressive. I believe the extra cost with Afga is they provide a color specilist to help integrate the system into you current color manage system.

I played with it, but never put it on press. It simply reseparates the files using greater GCR. The problem I have with it is that you can't proof it. The color transform happens just before screening. I'm simply not comfortable with that arrangement. I've spoken to others who are using it successfully, but I just can't run unproofed stuff.

Also, Agfa is the most expensive player in the market for this kind of software.

Hi Rich,

With Apogee Prepress, you can also use ICC devicelink profile in the PDF Render. Works great!
Made it to work at client site with our own devicelink profile (PerfX Device Link Pro) and got very good result without problem.

Louis

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back