Autoprint Fine Coat 80? Any experience??

eyezikkim

We are an 8up gang run offset printer looking for a more efficient and reliable spot UV process. Right now we are running a 40" Sakari but anyone familiar with the process knows it can be cumbersome and takes quite a bit of skill and experience to perfect.

While researching, we came across the Autoprint Fine Coat 80 but can't seem to find any reliable information on it.

Has anyone ever heard of this company or had any experience with this machine? Any information would be much appreciated.

I watched the video and it appears that it is a robust piece of machinery, it has all the right parts in all the right places. But truthfully what can you tell from a video. Also the larges sheet it will take is 22x32 inches for an 8 up shop, that might not work so well. But if the size isn't an issue I would likely pursue it . . . a plane ride "within the states" would be worth it IMHO. :)

Yes unfortunately the video is the all we've been able to find on this machine. I understand they are based in India but I'm surprised there is so little information out there on them. Especially when they are producing machines as versatile and robust as this one.

We are an 8up shop so a 40" spot UV machine would be preferable but we will likely be keeping the Sakari for full sheet sizes. When running full sheets, the setup time and costs on the Sakari is more than worth it, but it's a different story when we have a single presentation folder or a few business cards or postcards that need spot UV. We also run half size sheets for spot UV on silk laminated stock and for presentation folders, which is the main reason we are looking for a smaller, more efficient machine.

I have contacted the manufacturer asking for information on dealers and/or installed units in the states but have not heard back from them yet.

For anyone that might be looking for info on this machine, it is actually rebranded as a Kompac Kwik Finish UV Coater in the states. Kompac specializes in making some parts in the Autoprint machine and have since partnered up with them and brought it here.

It registers via a cylinder that requires a blanket or plate with cut-outs where spot UV will be registered. Unfortunately since we are a gang run printer, it is likely too costly to make a new plate daily for each new layout. If you are a company that runs the same job repeatedly or have very large runs, this machine may work for you.

That being said, we are still looking in to it to find if there are any cost-effective methods of making plates for this machine. We do have a kongsberg router cutter so I am wondering whether we would be able to use it to cut plates for perfect registration. Does anybody have any insight on this topic?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back