B&W Printers

I have been running two KM 1050 for the past four years and am finally reaching their life and duty cycle max. I am looking at the KM 1200 but recently learned about the OCE Varioprint.

Now that you have been running the OCE 6250 for several months how is the marketing matching the reality?

Any issues with image transfer after printing?

How frequently do you see the technician?

How many different paper types and weights do you run?

Do you run any pre-printed stocks or letterhead?

Thank you.

Ray

I have runned a 6150(upgraded to 6170 for free)for more than 5 years and it is an increadibly reliable machine.
We didn't see the technicians often.(once every few months by average)
I have runned many different kind of paper on it and didn't get much problems. Still, it's better to avoid coated paper(at least for big job) and you get some serious problems if you use a lot of preprinted paper.
As with any OCE, the toner is not well fixed on the paper and it create some problem with the post press (especially with friction systems)

That said, I have run a job that only the VP6000 can handle ( 5000 8 pages booklet on a bimensual basis with way too much black on it(I was using about 10 kilos of toner for the job)). But I am happy that this job is now runned in color on a offset(but the customer don't pay much more for it too)

From what Ive learnt from any digitalprinter be it BW or Colour, machine service is the key. How many engineers have they got in your area, how close is the localparts store etc. What hours do they cover. Always have a high capacity feed and delivery, always!!!

I must say that the machine service for the 6150 wasn't at the top. The technicians were really skilled but OCE didn't have many system in the area and the technician always got a long way to come (last time, he came form luxemburg. That's a 2H/3H way). More than often, the service was Day +1 and even Day+2(it's even worse with our CPS900)as often they don't have the piece to replace the defectuous one.

It's always a good idea to have another system in backup. Ours was the VP2090.

It's not better with the other companies so the quality of the material count a lot.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back