Basic handheld spectro for reading Lab values

I'm looking for a basic handheld spectro to read Lab values at press. I've looked into the new X-rite model(s), but I'm wondering if there's anything that is a little simpler. I don't need this thing to interface with my phone, make me a cup of coffee or do the laundry.

Any recommendations?

Do you have a computer at the press/viewing area?

What are you going to do with the Lab values once you have them? Do you need to compare them to a target, store them in a database etc?

Is this for spots, or just CMYK?

Do you have an instrument for density and this will only be used for Lab, or will one device need to do both? Do you have other densitometers or spectros used inhouse and do you need to compare measurements from different devices?

Stephen Marsh

Do you have a computer at the press/viewing area?

What are you going to do with the Lab values once you have them? Do you need to compare them to a target, store them in a database etc?

Is this for spots, or just CMYK?

Do you have an instrument for density and this will only be used for Lab, or will one device need to do both? Do you have other densitometers or spectros used inhouse and do you need to compare measurements from different devices?

Stephen Marsh

I'm just reading Lab values to be entered into other software. I'm trying to get away from a tether to a computer, so I don't want something that has to be plugged in.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back