Best Fountain Solution For Poyster Plates

GJOHN

For all you guys using polyester plates out there and all the experts: What is the best fountain solution for polyester plates?. Will the same fountain solution used on the metal plates work OK? I know a printer who is fighting picture-framing and piling when using the polyester plates, but no problems on metal plates!

Last edited:
Poly

Poly

Make sure his CTPoly is calibrated and the non image area is burned ok. Is he using a gum/Acid fountain solution? If so try MP2000 Poly Plus from Accel. It works on both metal and Poly.

OG

I've been struggling to find a good fount for poly plates for years. The best is the one I've been trialling for a month or so now, 2 in 1 from South African firm BMMprint, which is pre-mixed fount and NPA. Jobs that have always given problems with tinting, such as pantone blues on uncoated stocks, run clean with less ink and dampening to hit the colour. No probs so far. 2nd best was Presstek's 38778, but this gives problems with emulsification on magenta, and colour washout on stop/start. Heidelberg's Sapphira is good but very thick, and tends to foam in the technotrans. 2 in 1 is widely used with metal plates. Have a look here:

http://printplanet.com/forums/ink-s...7-n-propyl-alcohol-versus-isopropanol-alcohol

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back