Better CTP Option

I am currently looking to make the leap into a CTP system and have been approached with two different systems. One is the PlateStream Color from PrintWare and the other is the Quicksetter 46 by Heidelberg.

I have found some positive comments about the Heidelberg unit but would like to hear some input from anyone who has experience with either machine.

Also, if you have any suggestions aside from these units, I am definitely open to that. I would estimate we are currently burning about 100-120 plates a week right now and know it is time to make the change.

Thanks

We have a Creo/Scitex (formerly just Creo, now just Kodak) Trendsetter 3244, which is the same guts as the 800 Kodak's currently selling... I think it's a bit more robust than the Quicksetter line, but.. (consider used if price is an issue, we saved about 50% vs. buying a Kodak Remann'ed unit).

Been very happy. This is the second unit from the team up in Burnaby that I've worked on/with, and both units have been great. I'd highly recommend one, as they're very robust, dependable, and a workhorse.

We're using the Thermal Direct plates from Kodak, and have recently started using the Fuji Processless one's as well - very, very happy w/ both plates (and the fuji's are c-h-e-a-p!!!)

- Mac

Universal Printing

Universal Printing

Try taking a look at Mitsubishi Eco 1630 II, very fast, low chemistry usage, and accurate. It is a work horse for polester plates, and just keeps on ticking. Comes complete with Harlequin based Rip and computer plateform from Dell. Very user friendly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back