Blank Screen on SS5000

adarfeen

Dear guys,

We are facing the BLANK screen issue on our SS5000, the scenario is as below;

"We are imaging our jobs normally and suddenly the RIP and Machine hang up :( we restart the imagesetter and the RIP but the imagesetter OCP is blank while the status LEDs on the motherboard (qty:08) are all on means stable and nothing happens i.e. machine did not boot, the only message we see on OCP for the seconds is : " OCP firmware revision........" and then blank screen."

Please help resolving this issue.

Special request to Vlad to help for this.

Best regards

adarfeen

As it can display the words "OCP Firmware Revision" before the blank screen "appears", it would seem that the display is working okay. I wonder if you were to completely unplug the 5000 power cable and leave the 5000 un-powered for about 10-15 minutes if that would help "reset" it?

I can't think of anything else (we haven't had our 5000 in many years).

Vlad?

Regards,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Dear guys,

We are facing the BLANK screen issue on our SS5000, the scenario is as below;

"We are imaging our jobs normally and suddenly the RIP and Machine hang up :( we restart the imagesetter and the RIP but the imagesetter OCP is blank while the status LEDs on the motherboard (qty:08) are all on means stable and nothing happens i.e. machine did not boot, the only message we see on OCP for the seconds is : " OCP firmware revision........" and then blank screen."

Please help resolving this issue.

Special request to Vlad to help for this.

Best regards

adarfeen

Dear Sir,
If your display shows OCP Firmware Revision, the problem is your Mother Board NVRAM. Do you know another select set 5000 Machine? if you know one, you need the Firmware from the NVRAM to be uploaded from their Motherboard NVRAM and downloaded to yours. You can do this through local companies with Nvram programmer in your area.
Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Dear guys,

pls.. suggest remedy...i am dependent on this equipment.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

You have a fatal error...
Farshad just changed his msg above - yeah, not OCP EPROM but NVRAM (or may be BOOT ROM) at main board.
Nobody can fix it via forum - you need AGFA tech on site.

Farshad just changed his msg above - yeah, not OCP EPROM but NVRAM (or may be BOOT ROM) at main board.

Vlad,
I didn't change the message. I posted a wrong word(OCP). I think the problem is mother board CG+2084350503.However, I am agree with you. Adnan can contact Akbar Khan in Lahore or Mohammad Adnan in Karachi if he is looking for a service engineer.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

We are now facing the following issue kindly advice:

"The machine boots up normal, but when we run the machine test the system hangs and motherboard LEDs starts running upside down and carriage also not moving"

Kindly advice and suggest.

Last edited:

Please I need urgent help with with my CTP, mako 4 failure to go past 5 when turned on. It reads 9,8,7,6,5,then stops.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back