Blanket deglazing

bhm8hwcm

We run a 4 colour Presstek DI press and I wanted recommendations on any good blanket deglazers to help bring blankets back to a better condition to help restore their natural tack etc.

We presently don't really use anything...my pressman seems to recommend MRC (metering roller cleaner) for everything under the sun though I am hesitant about this (I don't have any since my press does not have a metering roller!). I am sure there are other products made specific for this.

Any good recommendations?

Prisco sells a product called "RED MAGIC" thats the best roller and blanket deglazer ive ever used. The fumes can be a little overpowering but it does the job with the least amount of elbow grease!!!

Instead of deglazing your blankets, why not figure out what chemical being used on press that is causing the problem in the first place??

my guess would be blanket wash, then water to remove water soluable glaze.
I'm sure Prestek would have a consumable for you.

I use this stuff. Use it on rollers, blankets, washup blades, everything. Doesnt smell, is super economical ina tube (only use a little or lot) and works. Washes up cleanly too with little effort so no issues on following print.
http://flintgrp.com/en/documents/Print-Media/North-America/Varn_Revitol_Deglazer.pdf

edit -My cheats way is i run some up on the rollers, back imp-blanket pressure right off. Then manually engage impression so it evenly coats the blanket too. Then leave it for 10 minutes (or hours) then wash off by hand with water miscible. Good as new. Lazy habit i know but it works :)

Last edited:
You shouldn't need anything other than water and blanket wash. Water to remove paper remnants and blanket wash to remove the ink. Put a little water in the blanket wash and use a scotchbrite.

Printing 101 Do Not use Mrc on blankets..MRC causes your blankets to have extra tack.. Stop using it and I am quite sure your press will have better delivery..When you have a better release off your blankets it will equal a cleaner dot too.. I would think your ink fountains will stay cleaner too (yellow). When you have a smoother release your blankets will not pull other ink into rollers too that usually ends up in your lighter colors fountain..MRC has only two purposes ..1 cleaning your metering or pan roller 2. melting styrofoam ... That is it and that is why they called it blanket wash cause you use it on your blankets with water (h2o)..

:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back